Skyboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyboxes

Epic Games should take out the skyboxes in Unreal Tournament, especially on the Warfare maps. Players should be able to see stars if they fly high enough. Halo 3 has no skyboxes, but it's very glitchy.

No need for a poll, sky boxes are already gone. =)

Comment

Didn't even notice it was gone because of the fog.
      It kind of would be cool to see other planets close if it's an alien world.

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
        No need for a poll, sky boxes are already gone. =)
        Truth!

Comment

I voted no, because they are not in. At least not in the classic form. I imagine they could be simulated with some sort of 360 cam.

Comment

Useless poll. This was decided years ago when developing the engine.

Comment

No, because it was designed SO.

Comment

Noob Question: Where do you put the clouds and planets and etc. if you have no skybox?

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli View Post
                  Noob Question: Where do you put the clouds and planets and etc. if you have no skybox?
                  In the sky of your level.

Comment

Epic Games should take out the skyboxes in Unreal Tournament, especially on the Warfare maps. Players should be able to see stars if they fly high enough. Halo 3 has no skyboxes, but it's very glitchy.
                    Sorry I misread the question.... I thought taking out skyboxes meant leaving the surrounding non-map area black, or some other solid colour. Now I understand I do agree that if you fly high enough you should be able to see other planets, stars, meteors, space craft, etc...

Comment

i dont really understand skyboxes fully but i would like the UT3 skies to look realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli View Post
                        in the upper box of your map also known as the sky box. -_-'

Comment

so no more flying into skyboxes and making the sky light up?

Comment

so no more flying into skyboxes and making the sky light up?
                            zigactly.

Instead of flying up and up and then *bang* stop dead next to the skybox... you keep flying, then things get darker, and finally you get to see stars and planets, etc... almost 2 skyboxes, the first is the normal one you'd see, then another one showing space.

I remember a WW2 style flight sim game from back when I had a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 that carried out this idea (keep flying up - get to space). I was flying upwards for about 40 mins before getting bored, stalling, and waiting 15 minutes to hit the ground in a ball of flame... good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                              In the sky of your level.
                              That's gotta take more resorces to do, right? To have like a whole 3D sky and space etc.?

Comment

Working...
                              X