Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Dodge Jump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, ut99 don't have the wall dodge or the double jump, and the retail maps look horrible. Game types are missing, and many people have problems getting ut99 to run well on new machines. If you have ut2004 tweaked and ready it's easier to dl the mutator. ^^

Comment

I'm glad the dodge jump is gone. As I've stated before, the dodge jump brought about badly scaled maps. I have played a few user made maps and UT conversions that were actually scaled properly, and they felt claustrophobic when compared to UT2's wide open hallways and highly raised ft ceilings. I guess I could rephrase that and say that most of UT2's maps felt too vast and wide. Because of that vast feeling, you had to use moves like the dodge jump to get anywhere in a decent amount of time. UT3's maps look like they are scaled better for a faster paced and more grounded DM and CTF.

Better scaling=less airtime
      Less airtime=more control

Comment

I liked the dodge-jump in ut2k4, but I can live without it in ut3. Just like the lg
        I'll get used to it.

Comment

Well i guess if they took it off its because you wont really need it cus of something they changed

Comment

I still think that the dodge jump should still be included as a mutator to keep everyone happy, adding it caused problems for the UT99 players, removing it will add problems for the UT2K4 players. And vCTF will be pretty hard without it IMO, seems like it is a good idea for DM though.

Comment

I think some 1 will make the Mod hat allows you to do it

Comment

I found dodge jump extremely important not because it helps you get the **** away from splash attacks but it really helps you travel and get around quickly. Not to mention, dodge/wall jump was used in many variety of maps to get around secret areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Para View Post
                  I found dodge jump extremely important not because it helps you get the **** away from splash attacks but it really helps you travel and get around quickly. Not to mention, dodge/wall jump was used in many variety of maps to get around secret areas.
                  As said jumping should never be faster than running, and you can still wall dodge.

Comment

Dodge jumping let you get to secret areas because those maps were designed with dodge jumping in mind. UT3 maps will not be designed like that. I'm sure there will still be secret areas and such, and you will be able to get to them even without your precious dodge jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                      I think some 1 will make the Mod hat allows you to do it
                      Will probably be a standard mutator, and like all mutators that don't fit the map scale it will be rarely used.

Ye dodge jumps was good for running away, now people actually have to fight to stay alive. ;]

[EDIT] Read your post wrong, but as Ceil said, maps are made for the movement system at hand.

All the dodge jump do is extending the regular dodge, it doesn't take skill and it's just a shore. It slows the gameplay down and mess up the map scale and player scale. Wall dodge on the other hand adds something the regular dodge can't give so I'm glad it stays.

Comment

They might still have the elevator super jump for them

Comment

Originally posted by Dogger View Post
                          They might still have the elevator super jump for them
                          Elevator jump's been there since the start of the UT series.

Comment

I wonder doing those jumps very high and since u don't go Shield Gun to help u reduce damage with the impact you'll die loL

Comment

Less movemnet options mean more confined gameplay, which in turn will slow down the pace.

The game is being dumbed down because alot of players can't handle the fast paced dynamics and multi-dimensional movement of 2k3/2k4.

It is an attempt to lessen the skill difference between a good player and an average player, so that less talented players with poor/slow reaction skills will still have a chance to compete

2k3 had the most dynamic, fast paced, and immersive gameplay yet.

UT99 is boring and always was.

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6 View Post
                                2k3 had the most dynamic, fast paced, and immersive gameplay yet.

UT99 is boring and always was.
                                Go play quake.

Comment

Working...
                                X