UT3 single player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 single player?

I've heard of that there will be single player missons in UT3. But what does that actually means?
    Will it be a campaign mode like in Gears of war but the weapons are changed from shotgun to flak cannon? When you die, you start all over again from the last checkpoint(The enemy also respawn)?
    Or will it be like the assault mode in UT2k4? You are timed and if you die you respawn immediately? Will we need to defense as well?

I'm fairly sure that it will be a story-based game requiring you to complete missions/levels.

Comment

in which at the end of the game, you will win the hidden skins like in UT99/2004

(Xan etc)

Comment

It will have optional missions that give you technology and stuff...

Comment

What I read gives me the impression that it will function much more like a real single player game a la Gears, where if you fight your enemy and lose you die and have to start over at a checkpoint. They said that they had to make the AI act differently in single player mode than multiplayer. There will probably still be an "instant action" mode to play against bots in online style matches, so this time I think we will get a much more well rounded game, and I am pleased with having a true single player experience added that really offers some kind of story and challenge.

Comment

I read in an Interview (print magazine) that it fairly much plays like a MP game.

I.E. respawning when you die in the middle of the battle.

Comment

I heard the story mode was going be nice

Comment

From those new magazine scans it looks like you have to take on 30 furys with a stinger!

Comment

The singleplayer missions, as it sounds, are multiplayer-based. You have certain locations to go to and you have to win. If you lose, then you fall behind in some way.

The newest article released (from PSM I think) talked about certain cards you unlock that allow for different things, such as the ability to use Necris technology in a later mission (Necris technology as in their vehicles).

You also have a global view of the world and, much like Command and COnquer III, you choose where to go and play a mission at a certain location.

I'm stoked about it.

Comment

I'm afraid there will be neither good single player, nor proper instant action...

Comment

I have a feeling from impressions it's going to be a polished version of UT2004's single player.

Comment

what's sad irs that we have to speculate whle we ARE on the official forums.
                        they kept us (and me) too much in the dark. any game of any kind could have that single player video.
                        that doesn't say anything on the single player itself.
                        i thought they were planning to make a really good single player game and not a mock single player campaing like some other games.(or so said a UT dev or such....)
                        i'm here for the single player.
                        until now i read nothing definitive nowhere on that so called "real" single player part.
                        i won't buy that game as soon as its release because of the importance they gave to the multiplayer section in coms about the game..
                        i played the first one. didn't like the 2nd. want the 3rd unreal. but if they communicated more on the multi than on the single isn't it because the single got way less attention from them?
                        so i'll wait the reviews and such. and (maybe) a single player demo
                        i really hate to be cheated: i'm not playing the multi. we must be 5sp in 100 of multi players but i like single/offline playing.

Comment

hey said the single player would be really good............so trust them

Comment

i cant wait... the single player for UT 3 seems like it will GENUINLY be fun

i didnt really like the ladder-type camagnes in the old ut's

Comment

Its a full blown story this time not PLAYERS VS BOTS. 4 Player co-op as well. All you have to do is watch the interview vids found around the net, one of the interviews on gametrailers.com says this specifically.

Comment

Working...
                              X