Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a cap to the damage the Link Gun deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only people to take advantage of a 10 peep link will be clans. when was the last time you saw 10 peeps link online?

the more important q is: will the link gun feel/damage more like UT99 or UT2k4?

Comment

I've seen a 6-man link deal damage at a faster rate than a 3-man team would, so it was definitely a server setting or whatnot.

Comment

I am not sure about the other modes, but in TDM even seeing a 2 man link is very rare because against a skilled team the second man is a sitting duck. So I voted no. *shrug*. I'd have to extend the argument to other modes as well. Imho if two good Ons teams are fighting a node, it shouldn't matter terribly much because if they are good enough to get that big of a chain going then they should be able to exploit it

Comment

Originally posted by UT4EVER View Post
          when was the last time you saw 10 peeps link online?
          When was the last time it was worth the risk and bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
            ...their own individual other weapons, even, since the Link Gun just sucks, especially in Onslaught.
            It may suck as a weapon in Onslaught, but I can safely say it does NOT suck as a weapon anywhere else.

Comment

I think there is already a link gun cap. I think its around five or six. it wont do any additional damage after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                It may suck as a weapon in Onslaught, but I can safely say it does NOT suck as a weapon anywhere else.
                It is a great weapon. Unfortunately with the HS dominance in 2k4, the link became basically a much underused weapon. I am *very* happy to see that the rof has been upped. Dodging the primary was way too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Miko View Post
                  I think there is already a link gun cap. I think its around five or six. it wont do any additional damage after that.
                  As far as I can tell there's no such thing.

Comment

if i had an instagib team runin round hitting my team with ****, id do what i do best....

1. out comes the sniper / lightning gun
                    2. get somewhere high....
                    3. heads go popping!

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                      Actually if you've ever been on a large ONS server with regulars, you'll find that you'll get one person shooting at a node, and often people will link that person, as a 3 man link is very fast at taking down a power node.

This is the same with building nodes also, we've won gamea on a fairly large mapa in under 5 mins even on a 20 person ONS server just by the main use of linking (building and destroying)

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_wq View Post
                        a 3 man link is very fast at taking down a power node.
                        Yes, a whole 17% faster. Wow.

Comment

I tested this back in november

Every One Who Says Theres A Link Cap Are WRONG!

I Tested this offline with 28 bot using a mutator called botmanager to spawn as many as i could onto my team told them to cover me and every time i alt fired they would link up there was difinalty no cap as they all followed me to the Exsposed enemy core and it died rather quickly. i was also eager to see what the primary fire was like with this many links but the bots only link respond to the link altfire

so i looked in ued at the linkgun and found the varable Links and ingame typed
                          "SET LINKGUN LINKS 28"while the link gun was out and it worked there was no cap on the primary fire either But After About 5 Links the ofset from were its fired is slightly out more and more per links so you could get 5 links and fire Throught the ONS-ArchticStongHold Base Windows close up Epic Hopfully have adressed this in UT3

Its pretty amusing going crazy seting it to 999 and killing the core from long distance on custom maps were its slighty exposed

Comment

Working...
                          X