Mulitplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulitplayer

UT3 needs to support 4 player split screen on ONE console! Even better if they support bots and/or online play in 4 player mode. Even if the graphics have to be taken down a notch in 4 Player mode it will be worth it. I like being able to play online but i cant be the only one who has RL friends that come over to play.

EPIC PLEASE SUPPORT THIS!!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but its important!

I don't know if anything has changed since this was written, but here you go.
    Link.

Epic Games’ Steven Polge, the lead designer of Unreal Tournament 3, has confirmed that the Xbox 360 version of the game will support four-player co-op and two-player split-screen in the single-player campaign, which will let you take different paths depending on the decisions you take.

Comment

I was mainly talking about the ps3 version, although i do want the 360 users to have that option too. I am positive that the ps3 can support the 4 player split screen as well as being able to go online with it or have bots in it. Just look at warhawk. But as far as i am concered having the support for mods, 4 player online and offline, plus bots would make the ps3 the definite winner

Comment

Alright, I was just saying it'll probably be the same as the 360 version in that respect. I'm sure the PS3 is very capable of having 4 person split screen. As is the 360, I have many games on the 360 and even the PS2 and Xbox that supported this. I wasn't trying to turn this into a Sony verses MS thread. Was just posting some info that I thought might be of use to you. Unlike Skate545.

Comment

Get a computer.

Comment

What?
            Unreal Tournament 3 is going to have multiplayer?

Comment

Yeah you'll be able 2 play allot better in computer( that is if you have a worthy one) if u don't then stay with Ps3 !

Comment

£400 for a computer worthy of running UT3. Although you may say the PS3 is cheaper than this, true it may be, but the PC will be alot higher quality visually. You could probably drop £50-100 and play at the same level visually as the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by -Sephiroth- View Post
                  £400 for a computer worthy of running UT3. Although you may say the PS3 is cheaper than this, true it may be, but the PC will be alot higher quality visually. You could probably drop £50-100 and play at the same level visually as the PS3.
                  £400? that'll get you a graphics card and a bag of chips.

oh ur from northern ireland too! hey!

Comment

Originally posted by thesimo View Post
                    Only if your first impulse when building a PC is to pick the most expensive components available.

Comment

Originally posted by thesimo View Post

oh ur from northern ireland too! hey!
                      If you actually look for the lowest prices, you'll find it can go a long away.

OMG NORN IRON, hey

Comment

multiplayer

You all are missing the point of what i was saying. I already have a pc thats more than capable of running this game. I just want the consoles to have these features so that when my friends come over we have a game we can all play. This has been a big problem for us since the majority of the past few games have made multiplayer online only. Or you have to link consoles together and have multiple tv's which is horse ****. But if they do multiplayer on the console right, I.E allowing 4 player split screen both online and offline with bots i will be buying it for BOTH my ps3 and my computer.

Comment

I also want information on this. I already bought a PS3 (long story short, there arent many good games coming for the PC in the coming time) and as Valcore says, its great to have the chance to play together with your friends online.

I have a laptop which is decent when it comes to gaming. Those are easy to bring to a friend and setup a LAN and play some games, but most people have stationary computers so playing together in the same room is often a hassle.

To be able to just go home to someone and play some UT3 directly for a couple of hours having fun is really nice, and I hope it will be in the final version. This forum needs an official Q/A thead as sticky with all these types of questions.

Comment

I don't think you could support 4 player split screen, first off you'd be effectively deviding the 256mb of graphics memory to 64mb per player by my understanding, as you have to render 4 different areas on screen. Quality could obviously be dropped, since its a smaller area, but its still not very much memory.

Then since they said it'd do 30fps at 720p (so probably not 1080p), you'd only get 640x360 pixels of playing area, including gun and hud. Trying to aim on that, is going to be pretty **** hard. Then remember you're not sitting close to the screen, so it seems even smaller. And thats on an HDTV.
                            Two player isn't bad because you can crop the top and bottom, and change the field of view a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
                              What?
                              Unreal Tournament 3 is going to have multiplayer?
                              please tell me that comment was sarcasm.
                              cos if it wasnt, what rock have you been living under? lol jks mate its all cool

Comment

Working...
                              X