This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UT3 have real widescreen support?

It has been brought to my attention that no UE3 game out there so far supports true HOR+ widescreen.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...er=asc&start=0

In addition to that many threads from people asking this very legitimate question have been deleted from this forum. This sends all my alarm bells ringing because I will not purchase this game if it lacks widescreen support.

Epic can you please stop suppressing opinions/questions here and answer our simple question:

Will UT3 see true widescreen support?

What do you mean by true widescreen support?

If having widescreen gives you an advantage (i.e. you can see more) over those who don't have it, then there is a whole world of whinging to deal with.

I'm not sure how they can do it and make everyone (anyone) happy.

Just so you know, I have a widescreen monitor too. I'd be happy with an expanded (decorative, not necessarily functional) HUD, but I'm not that picky.

Comment

pls have support for all of the screen ratios. 4:3 , 16:9 , and especially 16:10 since most people buying monitors get ones with 1680x1050 res.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
        What do you mean by true widescreen support?

If having widescreen gives you an advantage (i.e. you can see more) over those who don't have it, then there is a whole world of whinging to deal with.

I'm not sure how they can do it and make everyone (anyone) happy.
        Your answer is fov..

If UT3 won't have true widescreen it will be strange.. 16:10 is a rising star!

Comment

I do NOT want a cropped screen to play with.

Comment

Didn't we have just a thread like this like a couple of hours ago? Anyway, the answer to all problems is called FOV, all UT since 99 have had true widescreen support and I am sure UT3 will too.

Comment

Working...
            X