• replied
    Logitech G15 FTW!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    a keyboard wont make you better, go practice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xi0s View Post
    I love my Razer Tarantula and I love my MS Ergo 4000. The Razer doesn't cost $130 to whoever said that. It's less than $100 and less than $80 online in many e-tailers. I'd go with whatever is comfortable and looks like it will last a long time. The extra features are really a matter of preference.
    Not in Sweden it isn't. 1049 SEK = $154
    At the cheapest internetdealer in Sweden.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love my Razer Tarantula and I love my MS Ergo 4000. The Razer doesn't cost $130 to whoever said that. It's less than $100 and less than $80 online in many e-tailers. I'd go with whatever is comfortable and looks like it will last a long time. The extra features are really a matter of preference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As long as its responsive and plays/feels smooth, thats all ya need

Hell! here's mine!

Check it out!

haha

Kidding of course, I prefer an Eluminix

The keys are soft and quiet, and there backlit for the dark rooms so you can see what your doing if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
    I just took my keyboard (IBM) and took all the keys out, cleaned everything and sprayed with Silicon with Teflon (DuPont makes it). It is sooo quiet now, and works great.

A few things about the gaming keyboards that are nice (some of them)...they can register 5 keypresses simultaneously (although I have yet to personally hit 5 keys at the same time ) and they are backlit. The latter, I use a small USB red tube light that is mounted above the keyboard under the montior platform.

At any rate, I'd say if you have a little time, take apart your old friend and try to give it some new life. (Just make sure you know where all the keys go, as some keyboards have unique buttons, etc). Also, if you spray it don't spray the membrane as it can warp, just where the keys travel etc.

I personally would never use a keyboard with macros simply because I have no need for it. Plus if you ever get into Lan tourneys they often won't allow stuff like that. I have to second the motion to get a really good mouse.

Yea, maybe this is the best advice for me... If I come to think about I might not even need the macros as long as I can use my old keyboard.....
    Ok, A new question then...
    How do I remove lots and lots of dried in beer from the keyboard? Right now keys get stuck and some don't register the hit every time... Some guide I could find somewhere online?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I might buy that mouse G15

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The G11 is the same as the G15 without the LCD, fyi

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EggSuckingLeech View Post
    I have a Logitech g15 and I like it. I rarely use the LCD but tbh I like the clock. A quick glance and I can see that it's 2:00 AM and I better get to bed
    Now that would be a useful feature for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a Logitech g15 and I like it. I rarely use the LCD but tbh I like the clock. A quick glance and I can see that it's 2:00 AM and I better get to bed

I use the macro keys as well. There are several plugins available for the LCD (including IRC I think but there is some reason why I didn't install it that I can't remember right now).

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by <|StP|> View Post
    But I often use the display for icq (a chat program like aim/msn/yahoo..) to quickly write to contacts without leaving the game.
    Does that thing work with irc? I could see that being a fairly useful addition at any rate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just took my keyboard (IBM) and took all the keys out, cleaned everything and sprayed with Silicon with Teflon (DuPont makes it). It is sooo quiet now, and works great.

A few things about the gaming keyboards that are nice (some of them)...they can register 5 keypresses simultaneously (although I have yet to personally hit 5 keys at the same time ) and they are backlit. The latter, I use a small USB red tube light that is mounted above the keyboard under the montior platform.

At any rate, I'd say if you have a little time, take apart your old friend and try to give it some new life. (Just make sure you know where all the keys go, as some keyboards have unique buttons, etc). Also, if you spray it don't spray the membrane as it can warp, just where the keys travel etc.

I personally would never use a keyboard with macros simply because I have no need for it. Plus if you ever get into Lan tourneys they often won't allow stuff like that. I have to second the motion to get a really good mouse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a Logitech G15 keyboard even with a lcd display - but i don't use both in shooters because it's faster to press the usual keys than find a key somewhere on the side of your keyboard and move your hand back to its normal position.
    But I often use the display for icq (a chat program like aim/msn/yahoo..) to quickly write to contacts without leaving the game.

I also find the media keys and the key that deactivates the windows-key practical - although i forget it most times

For me i think the money was worth it - but you won't have a real advantage in fast games..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need a new mouse, Logitech tho. as for keyboard i don't need cuss I'm on laptop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    To avoid frustration the best advice is try to replace the keyboard you're already using with one that is the same. Fancy gaming keyboards are much less important than a decent mouse IMHO.
    I hear what you're saying(I will not like my new keyboard as much as my old one) and a decent mouse I allreay got but to replace my old IBM(I think it was delivered with a 386) wont be possible. So i need something! And I like the idea of having macros in other games so...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X