X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Parkis G View Post
    i think deck 17 was alot better than deck 16,

originally i also thought that the number at the end meant that it was the 16th floor of a much larger structure, but it could also mean the 16th version of a more primitive map.
    originally it was called Deck16 because it was a map which supported 16 players in Unreal...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map looks awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think deck 17 was alot better than deck 16,

originally i also thought that the number at the end meant that it was the 16th floor of a much larger structure, but it could also mean the 16th version of a more primitive map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deck-16 has progressed nicely. I cant wait to play an official remake. Heres comparisons of Deck-16 for Unreal, Deck-16][ for Unreal Tournament and Deck-16][2k4 for Unreal Tournament 2004 which I made a long time ago.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4648/deck161pf1.jpg
    http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4981/deck162vr1.jpg
    http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7202/deck163wp8.jpg
    http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9863/deck164bv2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very nice for killing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jovas View Post
    Is it me or is that guy dodge jumping around the place??
    Those are regular dodges.

Nacher: dead ends can be a good thing when used sparingly and when they add risk to good powerups. The flak in UT may not fit that bill, but there was still enough incentive to get in there and risk getting sniped/spammed on your way out. And it's exactly as you said; you can ignore the central area in UT1 but you'll have to take a longer route, which made it somewhat more attractive to risk getting in the central area.
    Curse4 is... kind of like how I imagine Quake1 would've looked if John Carmack knew how to program coloured lights at the time and John Romero was on *** during the entire development of the game (I mean seriously... unsourced lights everywhere in yellow, green and purple, floating bricks in one place, brick wallpaper in another, perfectly square pieces of floor missing in completely random spots, water reflections in an otherwise unlit area, green smoke coming out of the walls and... a dragon head?). Absurd looks aside, the map is full of little jags to get stuck on, has terrible map balance (which was already present in UT1, mind, but less because of the powerful sniper rifle in the lower areas) some nice jumps that added a bit of movement creativity to it in UT1 are no longer possible or necessary now, there's heaps of dirt and chunks of wall spread about the map that hurt movement... I find it hard to think of positive sides to it, really. Additionally adding an extra room for the minigun didn't add anything to the map at all; in fact it removed the somewhat risky location of the minigun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The pics kinda look like sketches to me, but deck 17 rulez.

Deck 16 wasn't nearly as good, just shows what a remake can do to a map.

The same with Curse4, it was alot better, not just the looks, but putting more access ways helps.
    LOLOL!

are you kidding me?

Deck17 was the worst remake in history. it just dosent fit UT2K4 as it did to UT99. the map scale got screwed up by the new movement bull****, and the shieldgun has made this map the easiest map to run and camp in.

Seriously i am playing with someone on this map daily and its just not nearly as good as Deck16 was - the perfect 1on1 map.

about curse4, i never did like Curse][ in UT99 but what can i say - it was a good map back then and people did make duels there, which you cant say about Curse4, and its says something about it i think. frankly i think its the least popular map in UT2K4, i personally played it for maybe 2-3 times and im playing UT2K4 for like 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, beautiful slime! Everyone will take a dip in that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 7eVeNL View Post
    ONS-Torlan?

Im pretty sure that WAR-Torlan will be in the demo, + 1 CTF map and probably 2 DM maps,

and i think this map will make it aswell into the demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfIz...0New%20Footage

Browing a bit on Youtube now, lots of interessting stuff about UT3,
    Is it me or is that guy dodge jumping around the place??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The bio hallway from the double damage to the flak in Deck17 was a big mistake; it allows you to move around the entire map while completely ignoring the central area that makes Deck what it is.

Curse4 was arguably the worst map that shipped with the game. A horribly failed attempt to fix UT2k3's broken Curse3. So many things wrong with that map it's not even funny (both in looks and gameplay), and the extra minigun room didn't improve things either.
    Weird. I think dead end corridors plain out suck in DM, and you could avoid the central area in original deck as well, it just took you a longer route. I think Deck17 improvements over the original were only for the better. And Curse4 was pretty nice as well. A bit too small scale still, but fun. Nowhere near bad, as some claim it to be. Bad maps = every DM map shipped with UT2k3 except Antalus and Compressed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i always called deck-16 only deck anyway....and by the way the ut2k4 version of it wasnt as good as the ut99

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The pics kinda look like sketches to me, but deck 17 rulez.

Deck 16 wasn't nearly as good, just shows what a remake can do to a map.

The same with Curse4, it was alot better, not just the looks, but putting more access ways helps.
    I couldn't disagree more. The bio hallway from the double damage to the flak in Deck17 was a big mistake; it allows you to move around the entire map while completely ignoring the central area that makes Deck what it is.

Curse4 was arguably the worst map that shipped with the game. A horribly failed attempt to fix UT2k3's broken Curse3. So many things wrong with that map it's not even funny (both in looks and gameplay), and the extra minigun room didn't improve things either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
    i am with you to death Alucard... lets hope it is in demoso we can kill each other.
    Quoted for putting "im with you" before "so we can kill eachother".

awesome quote

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just so you know and stop arguing about it being 18 or 16, the map is called "DM-Deck", that is how it is currently in the game. (I saw the maplist in the PS3 version, it's called Deck.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, I have always loved the Deck Maps and have remade some for ol ut2004, ie. Deck 8, 32 and 33. Can't wait to try to custom this new deck with a mixture of deck 32 for ut3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X