Dm-deck 16 Ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    It looks like a badly developed photograph.
    Quite clear the contrast is off, dunno if it's a recording of a monitor or if it's a poor capture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
      My favourite map is DM-Curse][, and I also like DM-Liandri. But everybody and their cousin's friend's dog played on DM-Deck16 all the time, and I got tired of it (and tired of falling in slime).

I do prefer DM-Deck16 to CTF-w00tabulous, though x: That map is just a nightmare with the spawnkillers...

omg i hope someone stabs you with redhot spoons in your eyes!!!!

CTF-w00tabulous was fecking win

on the note of this deck and the "detail" issues, tbh, we have been used to a standard of gaming that lacks detail for the reason because it wasnt possible to actually look good.

Now if you look at all there video footages, and look at all the different "styles" of maps, you will see there all organic in look, i.e they look vibrant and alive, non of this cartoony, or bland look.

You cant really comment about gameplay and being hindered or not feeling right untill you actually play it.
      If you think you can, then i suggest you go back to playing Nerf, ping pong or something, cause thats just stupid... no demo yet, no hands on (unless you was lucky to get to the few conventions) so how you can ***** already?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by SL3V3N View Post
        on the note of this deck and the "detail" issues, tbh, we have been used to a standard of gaming that lacks detail for the reason because it wasnt possible to actually look good.
        Well, for the time, they looked good. And even then some people reduced the quality of video in order to better see opponents and pickups, as well as to improve framerates. But yeah, we've never been able to play at UT3 levels of realism before. (or surrealism)

Now if you look at all there video footages, and look at all the different "styles" of maps, you will see there all organic in look, i.e they look vibrant and alive, non of this cartoony, or bland look.
        True. And that will be interesting to see how that effects gameplay. Personally, I think it'll make it even better. Many of us _want_ high levels of realistic-looking maps, items and characters, because our tastes are evolving with the technology of today.

You cant really comment about gameplay and being hindered or not feeling right untill you actually play it. If you think you can, then i suggest you go back to playing Nerf, ping pong or something, cause thats just stupid... no demo yet, no hands on (unless you was lucky to get to the few conventions) so how you can ***** already?!?!
        I do agree that it's hard to really comment accurately about gameplay, but I think a lot of us are so consumed with the impending game that we can't help ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
          It says "Deck 16 closed for repair and renoavtion".
          Thank you for the information

I used take a walk there in that closed part in instant action ghost mode

Comment

^lol yeah i have too, its quite interesting, they chopped out a fair bit of it that we dont see but they also had bits in there that arnt necessary (if that made sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
              ^lol yeah i have too, its quite interesting, they chopped out a fair bit of it that we dont see but they also had bits in there that arnt necessary (if that made sense)
              You know, this map started out as a custom map by Teddie (and got bought by EPIC later). And there is also a CTF version (CTF-Decks, IIRC) where you have a symetric map combining Deck 16 and 17.

Comment

how do we know that this "deck 18" isn't just deck 17 "repaired and renovated?" i think it will be. the images of it make me calm and happy (its SOOOO cool!) while making me want to go on a murderous rampage (what is they dont include it in the demo? i will have to wait!). I am just happy to know its there, so i can pwn some new n00bs on the net ;D

Comment

Deck 17 was defiitely one of my favorite maps of all time. I doubt anything can be done to destroy how much fun that map is. I hope it comes out in the demo, then we'll get to play it sooner

Comment

i am with you to death Alucard... lets hope it is in demoso we can kill each other.

Comment

personally i hope DM-Deck aint in the demo, then i wont bebored of it by the time the full game comes out.

Comment

Deck most likely won't be in the demo.

Comment

Deck most likely won't be in the demo.
                          they'll keep the majority of the classics for the full release.

Can anyone remember if the ut2003/2004 demo contained the maps we'd seen most of in vids/screenies?

Comment

I cant wait for this game mainly to get my hands on the CE for the editor and tutorials!!!! It's been a very long time since I made some UED maps, but I have time on my hands again, so expect more maps from me.

I cant remember all the maps I made, a few stick out, erm deck32, sewercide, sniperdome, kelethin, a bunch of them, got some in the epic map packs too, cant remember which ones tho....

Checker (Bastien), if you read these forums a big Hi from me, when your over in blighty again you must come and get drunk!!!!

MattyD

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
                              they'll keep the majority of the classics for the full release.

Can anyone remember if the ut2003/2004 demo contained the maps we'd seen most of in vids/screenies?

ONS-Torlan?

Im pretty sure that WAR-Torlan will be in the demo, + 1 CTF map and probably 2 DM maps,

and i think this map will make it aswell into the demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfIz...0New%20Footage

Browing a bit on Youtube now, lots of interessting stuff about UT3,

Comment

this map looks so great... everything in this game looks great \o/

by the first nanosecond the video showing deck16 met my eyes, i was sure that was deck16 xD

my very favorite DM map of all times... And probably most people's one... the most classic dm map ever \o/

Comment

Working...
                                X