• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought this was the gears fourm????

Comment

Originally posted by Persecut1on View Post
      i thought this was the gears fourm????

... I guess the whole "Unreal Tournament 3" logo in bright red..and hundreds of topics relating to UT didnt set off a flag..so let me clear it up

Hi! And welcome to the Unreal Tournament 3 Forum for General Chat, Please see the forum rules before posting. Thank you and enjoy..

Comment

The scale looks perfect... i can make out a guy in the last screenshot at the other end of the ramp the player is looking down and the scale just looks perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          Trust me, with the difficulty of the new editor, you're bound to see alot of these 'spectacular action' lack of detail maps. Dm-NoobBridge, CTF-DeemahPwnage, and WAR-NLyDRKWALKERZ! to name but a few...
          Yeah, cause wannabe-leet 'deemer users were the ones who spent all that
          time on Deck16][.. =P
          Oh wait! It was the actual core fans of UT, who actually knew how to play the game..

But let's hope you're right about the editor. Less is more in mapping!

Comment

Originally posted by danseko View Post
            not really. ;p I'm sure UT3 will be a great game, but deck16][ was so popular to a large degree because it was well lit with very few details and textures.

These kind of "clear/pure" maps become popular in all competitive games I've
            played, including RTS games. As you can see, this "Deck" isn't quite there.

But there are still too many details on this version to make it a "pro map".

I'm still optimistic though, and I hope other maps will do the "UT thing" better than this one
            So you're saying the level of detail is making the new Deck no longer a "clear/pure" map?

I would think the map design itself would be the issue. I don't think we've seen enough footage of Deck to know if gameplay is going to somehow suffer because of the added level of detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
              So you're saying the level of detail is making the new Deck no longer a "clear/pure" map?

I would think the map design itself would be the issue. I don't think we've seen enough footage of Deck to know if gameplay is going to somehow suffer because of the added level of detail.
              What I see on Deck, is a map lighted for singleplayer, with tons of details,
              vents, pipes, and stuff on walls and everywhere that serve no other purpose
              than to look good.

So yes, it doesn't look very "clear/pure" compared to Deck16, which consisted
              of flat, smooth surfaces with a beautifully subtle "concrete"-texture.

Making a "pure" / minimalistic map, and making it look good, is a huge
              challenge. It's a bit sad the mappers don't see this.

Comment

The new deck looks.. odd. I like it, but it looks quite a bit more intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                  Hurray, My favorite DM map since Unreal! Hope someone makes DM-Ariza too.
                  someone made it for UT2004 if u dont have that yet. search google images for DM-Ariza, its like the 3rd pic. then go to the website it was found and its around the middle somewhere, tonnes of maps there to download, including Helms Deep hehe

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                  DM-Deck16][ is the most over-rated and over-played map in UT -_-
                  i reckon it is one of the best maps designed. probably cos its one of the very original ones. most of the maps in Unreal were very well designed. DM-Tundra was good, Radikus, i didnt think much of DM-Fith. DeathFan was awesome as.

Comment

My favourite map is DM-Curse][, and I also like DM-Liandri. But everybody and their cousin's friend's dog played on DM-Deck16 all the time, and I got tired of it (and tired of falling in slime).

I do prefer DM-Deck16 to CTF-w00tabulous, though x: That map is just a nightmare with the spawnkillers...

Comment

Originally posted by danseko View Post
                      What I see on Deck, is a map lighted for singleplayer, with tons of details, vents, pipes, and stuff on walls and everywhere that serve no other purpose than to look good. So yes, it doesn't look very "clear/pure" compared to Deck16, which consisted of flat, smooth surfaces with a beautifully subtle "concrete"-texture. Making a "pure" / minimalistic map, and making it look good, is a huge challenge. It's a bit sad the mappers don't see this.
                      I am not sure I buy that. I'll see what happens when I get to test it, but I think so long as the archetecture is great the added level of detail should be fine. I could understand if it were all psychodelic, but just having finer level of detail everyone, I personally don't think automatically turns a map into one that is neccessarily "unclear" or less than pure. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                        Deck17 has a blocked door acess to the old deck 16. The Deck16 part is into darkness and there is an advice at the door, saying that the map was closed for repairs.

I'd like that Deck18 have the same thing about deck17. It would be funny.
                        Doesn't it say "Deck closed for repairs"? Not deck 16. So now in UT3 we get to play the level that was closed for repairs.

Comment

It was probably closed for UPGRADES!

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                            Doesn't it say "Deck closed for repairs"? Not deck 16. So now in UT3 we get to play the level that was closed for repairs.
                            It says "Deck 16 closed for repair and renoavtion".

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                              LIES!

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                                Yep your right. I just looked. I'm an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X