Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come none of the videos released show any sort of dodging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come none of the videos released show any sort of dodging?

I've always had this lingering in the back of my mind. Is it because dodging blurs the surrounds and makes it harder to exhibit graphical features? It'd be nice if Epic released a video of a guy dodging around just to give a nice peek to hardcore players who already know how sexy all the other aspects of the game are.

they already have. this looks almost exactly liek a thread made a couple months ago. if u had watched the games convention i think it was, u would have seen some dodging because some rl ut players were testing it.

Comment

Dodging has been seen in several UT3 videos, you just have to look for it.

Comment

The Comicon video, right? The poor video quality made it tough to see.

Comment

The reason why they don't dodge in demonstrations, as has been said several times from those who give the demonstrations, is because they don't want the game to seem too advanced to those who have never seen it before. If you see all kinds of wall dodging and double-jumping going on, then it'll confuse the new customer and that new customer would be less inclined to buy the game because it seems too advanced to play.

The only videos that have a decent amount of dodging are the ComicCon videos because experienced UT players were playing it that time around.

Comment

those comicon vids were too poor quality for me to make out any dodging

Comment

They should have some kind of program for the game that allows beginners to play with beginners and advance to play with advance players. That way people that are new to the game can play without hard skills involved; the advance players can play without having the beginners in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                those comicon vids were too poor quality for me to make out any dodging
                I believe those vids are available as a download in HD. you can it see pretty well.

(www.UnrealAddicts.com)
                Home of Clan TSU - The Sniper Upstarts | www.ClanTSU.org

"I beat the internet...the end guy is hard"

Comment

Originally posted by Black Poison View Post
                  They should have some kind of program for the game that allows beginners to play with beginners and advance to play with advance players. That way people that are new to the game can play without hard skills involved; the advance players can play without having the beginners in the way.
                  That's called matchmaking and I'm sure there will be some form of it included in UT3. Especially with sperate servers for Kb/M and gamepad players.

Comment

they had this thing in UT2004, it was called the Demo Servers

Comment

And stats-whores will go to beginner servers and wipe the floor with the noobs, then tell everyone how awesome they are because they have so many kills online.

I'd rather play where _I_ want to instead of where some coded piece of software wants me to.

Comment

Well more than likely the stats system might adjust for that, but any system is open to exploiting. At least you have the ability to make that decision to use the system or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lert View Post
                          And stats-whores will go to beginner servers and wipe the floor with the noobs, then tell everyone how awesome they are because they have so many kills online.

I'd rather play where _I_ want to instead of where some coded piece of software wants me to.
                          That is true.

There are going to be demo servers, too. I didn't think about that.

Comment

I love U.T

Comment

Where could i get that ComicCon vids with dodging ?

Comment

Working...
                              X