Rewinding demo recordings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewinding demo recordings?

Will demo recordings be more user-friendly, or will they be as painful to work with as they were with UT2004?

what is demo recording? and whta are you talking about

Comment

All I've heard is this.

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
      Demo playback won't have rewind - that must have been a misquote/mistranslation.

Comment

Christ. How come it's so hard to incorporate something seemingly elementary like that?

Comment

what are you guys talking about explain what isdemo recording

Comment

who cares?

Comment

Demo recording is essentially recording game footage. Rather than actually recording it as an .avi or any other video format, it (to the best of my knowledge) records the paths of the people playing, so you can change graphical settings and all that stuff while viewing it.

Comment

Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                who cares?
                Stupid question, because it's pretty much everyone who views demos.

Comment

i kind of understood

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post
                    Christ. How come it's so hard to incorporate something seemingly elementary like that?
                    Hard enough that they haven't bothered?

I don't know man, I didn't do it.

Comment

i always view demos

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post
                        Well, physics I'm sure get in the way of that possibility, since physics are mostly unpredictable for the most part.
                        I could easily see a demoplayback engine getting confused where to put physics in reverse time.

Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                        who cares?
                        Obviously not you.

Comment

UT2004's demo playback was an improvement over UT99's, and I'm expecting UT3's to be another improvement, although exactly how much of one, we'll have to see once the game is released.

Comment

I did see an offical quote which said that they were making a demo system which would allow rewind. That would mean an entirely different strategy to UT2004 demo format.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding or a typo as it sounds like a really really hard thing to do. If they've worked out how to do it it'd be great.

More than a rewind I'd like something which exactly mirrored the target's view. UT2004 only gave an approximation.

Comment

I always record demos myself playing in quake 3 and CS.

I wish there was demo playback on ut2k4. watching ons game be like watching something on the news.

Comment

Working...
                              X