No announcement yet.

Soundtrack For Ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game will be GODLIKE ( my opinion - or thousands think so too? - ), so the GAME so the SOUNDTRACK of it will OWN in its own way, so why don't we lay back, listen to whatever " we " like, and play some U99 or U2k4 'till the release? - just trying to lower pressure here - EPIC and the guy/girls are doin' fine, KEEP IT UP THERE!

Comment

WOW even the menu track is awesome

Comment

Imo, from what I have heard from the soundtrack, the music for UT3 is a significant improvement over UT2k4 and especially UT2k3. It holds true to 'theme' of UT, set back in the original UT99 (awesome tracks in there) and even to a slight degree, the original Unreal.

Remember the first time you loaded up the demo of UT2k3 and the theme song was the loud annoying trumpeting fanfare? That image has scarred me and given me a bad impression of the music from the game and its 'fix' UT2k4. The music itself was not bad, its just that it did not fit with what the UT universe is imo.

What universe is this? Futuristic gladiatorial combat with a sci-fi touch. Throw in some space, some aliens, some insane firepower and alot of skill -> reward game mechanics and you have UT. This imo does not leave much room for the orchestral 'battalion' like track that exists in UT2k4 today. Don't get me wrong, some of the music (particularly some of the industrial stuff) I absolutely love, but overall it doesn't work.

I think Epic and the musicians can be proud of what they have done with this. I dearly look forward to loading up UT3 if this is the soundtrack they have in place. The main menu and especially Deck 16 ]|[ are going to have a feeling of nostalgia that a lot of oldskool fans like me are really going to appreciate .

Comment

Well Ive only heard the theme track so far but I must say Im very dissapointed!

I was really expecting this to be a new game not UT1.5, the new theme is nothing more then a few extra metal drum loops and afew electronic noises! Not to mention the fact it sounds like this guy riped the T2 soundtrack off!

KR did a much better job and added a unique style to it, some people might not like his work but music that can get me pumped is where UT should be at not fully ambient where it doesnt even make me raise an eyebrow.

Im a fan of all the UT music so far and if the original post and answers are anything to go by Im probably better of listening to forgone, serenity and rise while I play kthx!

Comment

Originally posted by TinmanX View Post
            Imo, from what I have heard from the soundtrack, the music for UT3 is a significant improvement over UT2k4 and especially UT2k3. It holds true to 'theme' of UT, set back in the original UT99 (awesome tracks in there) and even to a slight degree, the original Unreal.
            100% agreed. The music in UT2003/2004 isn't bad at all, but it just doesn't fit somehow. So I'm glad to see the classics once again.

Comment

ugh, well now that I listen to it. its just a bunch of remixes. Im nearly certain none of this will make it to the final game ( god willing )

Comment

I didn't hear anything yet, but I'm sure that the music will be immersive when playing the game.

As someone said before, a music maybe sounds bad or good depending on what you're doing. Some ut or ut2kx musics I don't like when hearing them alone but I like when I'm playing the map.

Comment

This is just awesome, if the UT3 final music is anything like this, it'd be just perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stellar View Post
                    ugh, well now that I listen to it. its just a bunch of remixes. Im nearly certain none of this will make it to the final game ( god willing )
                    Remixes tend to be made primarily for remade maps. Considering we know Deck16 is in the game, I would be VERY surprised if the Go Down remix wasn't made for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                      wow, get out pls. That music is a work of art. Stop listening to fall out boy.
                      Agreed. The music is great imo, this thread seems to be a troll.

Comment

Personally, I like the new style from what I've heard. But of course my opinions aren't facts. Everyone to their own.

Comment

yeah, upbeat/badass/groove, bring it on!
                          thank god the orchestra has left the building.

Comment

Working...
                          X