Soundtrack For Ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soundtrack For Ut3

Has anybody else listened to the soundtrack for UT3 posted at http://files.filefront.com/ut3+sound.../fileinfo.html. What a colossal disappointment it is! There is no excitement to it whatsoever. It sounds lika a bad dance mix album.....I am crushed! I was expecting something special that might in some way match the superb visuals that we've been seeing across the web over the last few weeks. Perhaps I'm alone in thinking this but was the last decent heart pumping adrenalin rushing game soundtrack really the original "QUAKE" soundtrack? Ithink I might be reduced to playing UT3 with the music switched off! I certainly couldn't stomach more than 30 seconds of this banal ****!

If this is the soundtrack posted in another thread and available on the official site then I have to agree.

Most people seem to rave about it.
    But in the end I guess you can't please everyone, music comes in different flavors and it's not my kind of flavor either.
    I turn music off no matter what.

Comment

I think your'e pretty alone on this one. I find most of the tracks have improved on their predecessors, and the music gives tribute to classic ut99 soundtracks, which have always been popular in their own right.

Name a few tracks you think are so great? Quake soundtracks were mostly slow and dark or rough edged techno beats, I enjoyed them, but they weren't 'zOmg amazing'.

I don't think many will be dissapointed, not to mention theres plenty of music that will come with the custom map packs which get released periodically.

Comment

u reckon these are a dissappointment? dude i reckon these are a good improvement and they are good suited to fast paced shooting action

Comment

Everyone has their opinions, mine is that they are awesome! I like industrial/noise/trance music so........

Comment

The tracks are a perfect sound for a game like UT3.
            UT2 soundtracked sucked because while the music in itself wasn't necessarily bad, the rather instrumental nature didn't fit the hardcore sci-fi setting and it was trying too hard to be too bombastic, while I remember many of the UT1 songs were more ambient (Nether Animal, Skyward Fire,...).

Now they've returned to those ambient roots again and that's a lot better, because that music doesn't "penetrate" the player while playing the game (which was what KR's music style did because of the bombastic nature of his music), and therefor the music isn't as tiresome to hear over and over again when you're playing long matches.
            Furthermore, the techno sound of UT3's soundtrack fits the setting incredibly well. This music finally manages to convey the dark and brutal culture of Unreal Tournament and overall the music is very, very atmospheric.

I think the music they've released so far is awesome. Actually some of the best game music I've heard in a while (i.e. since UT1 )

Comment

UT99 had good music, but had too much easy listening songs to make it a good action soundtrack. UT2004's had more action, which was more fitting for an action game. UT3's sample still leans towards action, but paints it on some of the classic songs.

Comment

I feel the complete opposite of the original poster. I have the soundtrack on my USB flash drive in my car, and I listen to it when I drive now. Really great atmosphere in the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                  I feel the complete opposite of the original poster. I have the soundtrack on my USB flash drive in my car, and I listen to it when I drive now. Really great atmosphere in the music.
                  i agree totally 100% with you there mate, just dont let the music make you speed

Comment

i think they should base something upon "josh Winks - Higher State of Conciousness" that would own!

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                      UT2004's had more action...
                      I have to disagree on this one.

Comment

Some of it's good, and some of it's bad. And some of it is really, really terrible (though to be fair I've never liked the style of music they use in the necris ambient theme)

It's the theme music that really gets me, I have the original track in my head, I know when instruments should be coming in, how they sound etc etc, and when the remix goes off the beaten path from the original, my ears pick up on it too easily which just gets to me too much
                        Imo the new theme tune would do better to be split, listening to the non-classic areas, I can feel they'd be better suited to a phobos-style map , and keep the classic original music.
                        Remixes are good when done right (Hyperblast-redux though straying a fair bit from the original hyperblast map at least kept the "oomph").

Comment

why do you think UT3 soundtrack is disappointing?

Originally posted by RWX View Post
                          "...but was the last decent heart pumping adrenalin rushing game soundtrack really the original "QUAKE" soundtrack?..."
                          ...aw! I see, another quake fan...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                            Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                            UT2004's had more action
                            I have to disagree on this one.
                            +1 fueg...

EDIT: Sorry for double post!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefwhosm View Post
                              Remixes are good when done right (Hyperblast-redux though straying a fair bit from the original hyperblast map at least kept the "oomph").
                              I thought the Hyperblast Redux was horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X