Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    Entil'Zha: you'd have a point if TAM didn't involve a long wait after dying.
    Oh you party pooper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Entil'Zha: you'd have a point if TAM didn't involve a long wait after dying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    People primarily will experiment with new weapons, maps and movement in the first couple of months of UT3. So whether there is a TAM or not initiallly is not a huge problem.

If one can still talk about an active UT2004 community that is because of the TAM. It is the most popular UT custom game mode with a margin. People love to hate TAM because of its popularity and its inherent potential to eradicate pub TDM and CTF in the early phase of the UT3.

TAM3 for UT3!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KronDog View Post
    If TAM never shows up I know I won't be upset in the slightest. The default gametypes should keep the larger community happy... and I would like to see how the TAM peeps do when they aren't handed every weapon and armor right at the start.
    You know what's so cool about TAM ?
    Zero time to spectacle !!!!!
    No looking for what's where and all that boyscout pathfinder stuff
    Just lock and load and BAM BAM DOUBLE KILL

In addition bWeaponstay=Off is the most irritating of all. Also timing pickups do take the pace out of the game. To me it's all about the fast-paced action. Look at vCTF & ONS, there's weapon lockers, hooray for that

Just my little opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The thing is, some of us like TAM and Freon and don't like timing pickups and wandering round a map looking for weapons which might not have been taken...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ziadoz View Post
    Default gametypes > TAM
    If TAM never shows up I know I won't be upset in the slightest. The default gametypes should keep the larger community happy... and I would like to see how the TAM peeps do when they aren't handed every weapon and armor right at the start.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Lots of things have been popular; Disco, Beanie Babies, 'N Sync.

Opinions are like that.
    ROFL....All hail Mort!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Sounds a lot like the cross-platform debate.
    I couldn't agree more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WhinePatrol View Post
    ... why hope it doesn't come out so others who like it can't play it?
    Sounds a lot like the cross-platform debate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its funny how some of you are bashing tam for no reason. If you don't like a mode why hope it doesn't come out so others who like it can't play it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    I think I heard someone say 3spn wasn't planning on making another TAM.
    I hope you are right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my opinion, TAM was just placeholder for gametypes that was unpopulrar for different reasons. I think it will start in UT3 as 'echo' and wont be populrar like its predecessor.
    See UT' rocket arena: it isnt popular here, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I heard someone say 3spn wasn't planning on making another TAM. It wasn't a 3spn employee though, so I don't know how reliable the info is. Plus, even if they're not planning to now doesn't mean they can't change their mind.

Anyhow, I really like playing TAM (it's all I CBA to play lately because it's less straining than TDM and more active than CTF) but it seems heavily geared towards hitscan players. For starters you start with loads of LG and shock ammo, then there's no powerups to force close range combat, after the last person on a team dies the other team becomes invincible (i.e. no draws where you kill each other; because hitscan is faster it always wins in those situations) saving adrenaline promotes defensive (i.e. long range) play and worst of all, hurting yourself with splash damage costs points and adrenaline, which is especially annoying if you have 100. (i.e. you can have 100 adrenaline, kill 3 of your 4 opponents, then accidentally take 1 point of self-damage which will then disallow you to use your adren)

I hope if a TAM mod is made for UT3, it won't feature adrenaline and have slightly reduce self-damage on splash weapons to promote close range use of splash weapons (as opposed to just spamming doorways from a distance)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Default gametypes > TAM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was always sort of baffled about the popularity of TAM. People are going around acting like it's something that hasn't been done a dozen times before, usually with a better twist than TAM gave (Rocket Arena and it's family line of mods, Elimination, and literally dozens of forgotten others). And Freon is just another Freezetag, basically. I'm not sure what "features" people are talking about that make TAM or Freon any better than their numerous predecessors.

I agree with the poster above, who said that TAM became popular simply because the other gametypes were drying up, and people wanted someplace to go. TAM won't be able to compete with a fresh UT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X