How long do you think it will take before TAM is designed for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you think it will take before TAM is designed for UT3

First off I'd like to say hi. I just registered to this forum and I already see a lot of familiar names here (old and new), mostly from the TAM community. For those of you who don't know what TAM is, its a round-based "last man (or team) standing" type mod developed for unreal tournament 2004. Since it is currently the most active game mode in ut2k4 atm, I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding its development or plans for development. Also if it is developed what changes/improvments would you like to see for its future on the UT3 engine.

Perhaps the new Duel gametype is like TAM, but without the annoying brightskins and hitsounds? Or am I thinking about the wrong game?

Comment

im happy with all the gamemodes that EPIC have put in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
        im happy with all the gamemodes that EPIC have put in UT3.
        How? You haven't even played them yet.

Also, I think it's hard to say because we don't know what DUEL is... but I think it's safe to assume that not all of TAM's features will be in DUEL so, bearing that in mind, a TAM release will probably come a month or so after the game hits retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          Perhaps the new Duel gametype is like TAM, but without the annoying brightskins and hitsounds? Or am I thinking about the wrong game?
          yeah, you failed

Comment

I find it funny that some people complain about two things that made UT almost 200% more enjoyable. The hitsounds (which can be turned off) were not annoying but a great way to judge damage, and the brightskins are just plain needed. A dark default skin against some maps makes some people completely invisible thus creating uncessary eye strain and an unfair advantage. UTComp was one of the most revolutionary steps as far as taking UT to a "competitive" level.

Comment

Originally posted by WhinePatrol View Post
              UTComp was one of the most revolutionary steps as far as taking UT to a "competitive" level.
              If that's the case, I just can't see that as a good thing.

Comment

I say 1 month or two, TAM became very popular

Comment

Lots of things have been popular; Disco, Beanie Babies, 'N Sync.

Opinions are like that.

Comment

2-3 months. Probably not this year. We'll eventually see a working version for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                      I think TAM has brightskins, but not hitsounds(you might be thinking of UTComp)

I wasn't sure I'd like TAM at first, but it's worth it. You don't have to hunt for powerups and weapons, you can get straight to the fragging
                      Freon as well, especially since it adds a little more to teamwork since the more mates you have thawing you, the faster you get back in

Comment

Unreal Engine 3 is just the updated version of Unreal Engine 2... all unreal engines are just updates(very sexy updates), not complete work arounds.

It shouldn't be hard for 3spn to code a new one for Unreal Engine 3, but I am interested in seeing what UT3 has to offer from default intsead of falling back into TAM at the start.

(UTcomp MINUS netcode = not bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                          I think TAM has brightskins, but not hitsounds(you might be thinking of UTComp)

I wasn't sure I'd like TAM at first, but it's worth it. You don't have to hunt for powerups and weapons, you can get straight to the fragging
                          Freon as well, especially since it adds a little more to teamwork since the more mates you have thawing you, the faster you get back in
                          tam has hitsounds

And praising Freon is illegal

Comment

Originally posted by WhinePatrol View Post
                            I find it funny that some people complain about two things that made UT almost 200% more enjoyable. The hitsounds (which can be turned off) were not annoying but a great way to judge damage, and the brightskins are just plain needed. A dark default skin against some maps makes some people completely invisible thus creating uncessary eye strain and an unfair advantage. UTComp was one of the most revolutionary steps as far as taking UT to a "competitive" level.

I don`t need UTComp,to color my skins or to get brightskins.I can do all changes i need in the .ini

It`s also no problem,to color the enemy pink or light green,so that you can see him about 3 miles.

I am surprised,that UTComp works together,with TAM (3SPN)

The new TAM,should been coded much better.All Versions are making much problems,as you can see in the .log

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                              Unreal Engine 3 is just the updated version of Unreal Engine 2... all unreal engines are just updates(very sexy updates), not complete work arounds.
                              If I remember correctly, UE3 was actually built from the ground up on it's own.. Was never updated from any previous engine.
                              I think one of the devs said that UE4 is also being made. At the time it was said, it was also said that most of Epic hasn't even seen it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X