Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of being able to play your own playlist while playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Chances of being able to play your own playlist while playing?

    One way to further improve UTIII in my opinion would be the ability to be able to play your own music. I'm not saying the music in Unreal is bad-I think it's awesome, but sometimes you just get bored of listening to the same songs after hearing it 6 times in a sitting. What do you think the chances of being able to play your own music are?

    #2
    Chances are 100%

    Solution - Set music volume to 0% in audio settings. Open Winamp or similar low-resource usage media player. Play playlist in player. Play UT.

    Fixed.

    Comment


      #3
      UT2k3 had the ability to control music through the game... but, it was limited to .ogg files (since those don't require any license deals).

      otherwise, what Marauder said... and it helps if you have a keyboard with multimedia controls... an LCD like in the Logitech G15 would also help (display song info).

      Comment


        #4
        UT2k4 does the same thing, but it allows u to play MP3s and OGG files.

        Comment


          #5
          Oh, sorry, I should have specified for what system. I'm going to play it on my PS3. My laptop won't be able to handle this game.

          Comment


            #6
            on PS3? lol i dunno about that mate. probably pretty slim chances.

            Comment


              #7
              Haha, ouch! Hopefully Epic (if you're listening) will release a patch or something that will allow us to further enjoy UTIII. 65 days!! I'm gonna book this day off!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                on PS3? lol i dunno about that mate. probably pretty slim chances.
                well, i dunno much about PS3 functionality... but maybe they allow custom soundtracks like the XBox360...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by The Marauder View Post
                  Chances are 100%

                  Solution - Set music volume to 0% in audio settings. Open Winamp or similar low-resource usage media player. Play playlist in player. Play UT.

                  Fixed.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by No_CTuRN_aL View Post
                    One way to further improve UTIII in my opinion would be the ability to be able to play your own music. I'm not saying the music in Unreal is bad-I think it's awesome, but sometimes you just get bored of listening to the same songs after hearing it 6 times in a sitting. What do you think the chances of being able to play your own music are?
                    For the last time....


                    you CAN PLAY music in UT2003/4!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I forgot to specify I was referring to the PS3 in the title of the thread. I corrected myself in the 5th post. Apologies for the confusion 'da ghost' and thanks for being so understanding.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm going to say that it won't be in the first version of the game because of its low priority.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          simple, play music from your laptop while playing UT3 on your PS3

                          Comment


                            #14
                            [QUOTE=-VT-;24986954]simple, play music from your laptop while playing UT3 on your PS3[/QUOTE

                            I have my ps3 hooked up to my surround system. Not also being immersed into the music just won't do it. Having 2 surround systems would be too costly. I also have an mp3 player...BINGO! I commend you for your insight.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              But then another problem arises, what if there are multiple people in the room playing with you...?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X