PS3 - Speed Pad and Mouse Combo ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 - Speed Pad and Mouse Combo ??

For Playstation 3, Im looking for a mini keyboard like the PC version of Belkin Speedpad - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=157024

About 2 months ago I saw something like this on a Tech News site but cant find the site or company.

If Belkin could make drivers for the SpeedPad n52 I would pay a million dollars for it..lol

You don't have that much money........ i think lol

Comment

If I did I would..heh That controller is the best for UT on the PC and hope something close comes out for the PS3.

Im waiting for better Quad Core CPU's with faster FSB to come out to get the PC version of UT3. I'll probably be playing the PS3 version for a good 9 months. I head new Xeon chips will have 1MB+ of L3 Cache, need to start saving up for that

Comment

if u could boro one of the pc ones, u could try plugging it into ur ps3. Lots of usb devices work with the ps3, even if the manufacturer hasnt made specific drivers for it.

Comment

I have both the n50 and n52 controllers, but I need to assign/map the keys..

I was going to try it last night after work but I forgot. I'll give it a shot and see if there are any options in PS3 menu

Comment

I dislike speed pads, they feel uncomfortable to me.
            The good old keyboard works just fine for me.

Comment

same as what Kronos said, PC keyboard and mouse are the best for FPS.

Comment

Speedpad was all I used fo UT2k4 - it rocked. The D-pad on that device worked really well for quickly hopping between seating positions in the Hellbender and the Cicada.

I tried an older Belkin n50 with my PS3. Quite a few of the keys map to playstation controls. The dpad is up/down/left/right, and the circle, square, etc. buttons are mapped to assorted keys. You would want additional driver support for a speedpad though, otherwise you could not map the additional keys using the red/green/blue shift states. Perhaps with an n52 you could squeak by with just 14 keys, but I'd think you'd still be a few keystrokes short of complete UT3 control.

Comment

Working...
                X