New to UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to UT

I'm new to the UT series and was wondering if there are grenades in the game.

Uhm... yes and no.

In UT3 you could consider alternate fires of both the Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher to be grenade-based.

But as for pull it off your belt and toss it at your enemy... that would be a bit too common for the developers I believe. They'd need to find some way to spice it up. So, I don't think so.

That being said -- while I watched almost all of the videos and have been watching this game since 2005... I could be wrong... there might be something Epic hasn't announced.

Comment

There are grenades on the Rocket Launcher's secondary fire. They get lobbed out and bounce around some, then explode within about 3-4 seconds.

No hand grenades have ever existed in UT.

Comment

this question has been asked before. handthrown grenades are almost 100% not gunna be in, although sum1 will almost certainly make a mod that you can download which will give you a lot of realistic weapons to play with.

Comment

This game is way to quick for the need of hand grenade. Same with pistol whipping.

Comment

Why would people want hand grenades and pistol-whipping in a genre that's never shown your character's hands before? There's so many different playable characters that they'll have to make separate hands and forearms models to use for EACH MODEL. And considering how there were... what, 50 uniquely skinned (not necessarily uniquely modeled) characters in the game with about 20 or so unique models, that's a lot of work to do for both Epic games and fan moddlers.

The thread starter is new, so I'm not targeting him...

Comment

Using the impact hammer is like pistol whipping someone in a much more embarrassing way.

Comment

The only time I ever use the impact hammer is when I run out of ammo or when I try to get to a higher place by shooting the ground. Too cumbersome.

Comment

It's best to use it in a chaotic free for all setting. rather, that is when it is most effective. It most enjoyable (imo) when used in a 1on1 match.

Comment

Haha, yea. Good'ol 4 way ffa Impact Hammer only duels. Good times!

Comment

I once went to a LAN party and beat everyone, relying only on the Impact Hammer. Man that was fun! F3@R T3H R0BUT W!TH T3H H@MM3R!

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                        this question has been asked before. handthrown grenades are almost 100% not gunna be in, although sum1 will almost certainly make a mod that you can download which will give you a lot of realistic weapons to play with.

i believe you are right, but realistic weapons don't make sense in UT. If i want realistic weapons ill go play medal of honor or call of duty or some other slow paced fps game. I play UT for the fast paced action and AWESOME weapons.

Comment

The UT game play is incomparable. Sure, it doesn't have realistic weapons, but so what? If you want an action-packed FPS with great online multiplayer, including community-organized competition, such as teams and leagues, this is it.

UT does have a variety of weapons types to suit players with different skills--hitscan weapons, splash damage weapons, spammy weapons (shotgun type and rapid-fire), and even an excellent predictive weapon where you try to predict your opponent's movement (shock combo). It may take a while to become comfortable with all of them and to master them and to figure out what situations call for what weapons, but that's part of the challenge of the game.

I don't know what the Capture-the-Flag game will be like in UT3, but in UT1 it totally rocked.

Comment

Deployable Spidermines FTW!!!

Comment

There was the grenade launcher too, though I'm not sure if it made it into UT3.

Comment

Working...
                              X