New to UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If " we " are at weapons, I prefer the good' ol armory of U99, that did the job, and still does - i think - . But a lil' bloodfreshing isn't a bad ID, like ""UnrealGrrl"" said :
    Originally Posted by UnrealGrrl
    i'm looking forward to the new IH and TL myself to see whats been changed and not. Im hoping the Hammer is more of a useable weapon than it was in UT and less of a movement-cheese-device and really hope theres a good humiliating announcement for hammer frags and the like...!

I 'd like to see 'n here these too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    No hand grenades have ever existed in UT.
    Infiltration =P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    kk ty (must have 10 characters so i have to write this)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xFirexIcex View Post
    Also what is a hitscan weapon?
    Hitscan at Wikipedia.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hitscan

Also what is a hitscan weapon?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    welcome!

theres so many weaps in UT Im sure youll find a fave. but theres grenade-like weaps that will prob make you happy as already mentioned...

im looking forward to the new IH and TL myself to see whats been changed and not. Im hoping the Hammer is more of a useable weapon than it was in UT and less of a movement-cheese-device and really hope theres a good humiliating announcement for hammer frags and the like...!

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I once went to a LAN party and beat everyone, relying only on the Impact Hammer. Man that was fun! F3@R T3H R0BUT W!TH T3H H@MM3R!
    yeah we used to have great all hammer-only nights pretty regularly on MyUnreal in the good ole daze CTF-Carpark was a fun map for that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was the grenade launcher too, though I'm not sure if it made it into UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deployable Spidermines FTW!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The UT game play is incomparable. Sure, it doesn't have realistic weapons, but so what? If you want an action-packed FPS with great online multiplayer, including community-organized competition, such as teams and leagues, this is it.

UT does have a variety of weapons types to suit players with different skills--hitscan weapons, splash damage weapons, spammy weapons (shotgun type and rapid-fire), and even an excellent predictive weapon where you try to predict your opponent's movement (shock combo). It may take a while to become comfortable with all of them and to master them and to figure out what situations call for what weapons, but that's part of the challenge of the game.

I don't know what the Capture-the-Flag game will be like in UT3, but in UT1 it totally rocked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
    this question has been asked before. handthrown grenades are almost 100% not gunna be in, although sum1 will almost certainly make a mod that you can download which will give you a lot of realistic weapons to play with.

i believe you are right, but realistic weapons don't make sense in UT. If i want realistic weapons ill go play medal of honor or call of duty or some other slow paced fps game. I play UT for the fast paced action and AWESOME weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I once went to a LAN party and beat everyone, relying only on the Impact Hammer. Man that was fun! F3@R T3H R0BUT W!TH T3H H@MM3R!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, yea. Good'ol 4 way ffa Impact Hammer only duels. Good times!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's best to use it in a chaotic free for all setting. rather, that is when it is most effective. It most enjoyable (imo) when used in a 1on1 match.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only time I ever use the impact hammer is when I run out of ammo or when I try to get to a higher place by shooting the ground. Too cumbersome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using the impact hammer is like pistol whipping someone in a much more embarrassing way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X