Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

AMD or Intel for UT3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    I hope you research every product you use just as well. Otherwise you would be a hypocrite. Where were your shoes manufactured? I think you'd have a hard time finding a pair of sneakers not made by children in a third world country. I don't suppose you wear Gap jeans do you? They were just busted using a sweat shop.

    Now there is someone with a brain! Excellent point!

    Comment


      The plant is in what the Israelies call Kiryat Gat. The one I am referring to is not in Jerusalem.

      http://stopthewall.org/worldwideactivism/982.shtml

      Israel has been attacked because it is an illegitimate country to begin with. Imagine if the United Nations came in and divided up your country and your land and gave it to other people and then those other people set up an apartheid for anyone that was not of their ethnicity.

      I like the reference to children by the way. Of course, what you probably don't know or chose to ignore is that the IDF has been known to use children as human shields.

      It is a fact that the Arabs had occupied that land since at least the Middle Ages when the Ottoman Empire was in power. And then the United Nations came in, and divided up that land and kicked people out of their homes, some of which had been in their families for generations.

      Intel has consistently funded and supported Israel and the Pro-Zionist movement. I do not buy or patronize any companies that support such disgraceful activities (and no it's not limited to Intel).

      Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
      So the issue is that you are pro Palestinian and to stupid to seperate that from Intel and AMD. The plant is actually in Jerusalem in the country of Isreal! But since you don't know anything about the politics of that situation, then you go right ahead and hate Intel for it! I suppose you are all for the Palestinians bombing innocent Israelis and their children? Shall I start listing some of the attacks against Isreal? That land has been contested for the past 10,000 years or so! Do you really know who stole what land from who? You may believe you have your conscience, but you certianly don't have your intelligence or your knowlege of middle east history. While I don't want to get into a political debate with you about the issue of the middle east. I find your reasoning to be actually quite ignorant and pathetic. You are willing to be biased about an entire company over something you really know very little about.

      http://www.intel.com/museum/exhibit/...salem_home.htm

      Comment


        Originally posted by damicatz View Post
        It is a fact that the Arabs had occupied that land since at least the Middle Ages when the Ottoman Empire was in power. And then the United Nations came in, and divided up that land and kicked people out of their homes, some of which had been in their families for generations.
        Hah...ignorance must be bliss. The Middle East has been a culturally diverse region since biblical times. Yes, it's true that "the Arabs had occupied that land", however, many other people and cultures have occupied that same region. Now stop hijacking this thread with your own political agenda, this is not the place, and frankly, nobody wants to hear it.

        Comment


          Actually this is more interesting than "AMD is the shizit" "no Intel is the shizit" "my dad can beat up your dad."

          This is an AMD vs Intel thread. Just because he's basing his argument on something other than performance specs doesn't make it any less relevant.

          Oh, and I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure that region was under the control of natives until the time of the crusades when westerners all of a sudden decided not only that the land was theirs but that killing infidels gauranteed you admission to heaven.

          Comment


            Originally posted by bowdumb View Post
            Hah...ignorance must be bliss. The Middle East has been a culturally diverse region since biblical times. Yes, it's true that "the Arabs had occupied that land", however, many other people and cultures have occupied that same region. Now stop hijacking this thread with your own political agenda, this is not the place, and frankly, nobody wants to hear it.
            It's certainly not culturally diverse now. If you are not an ethnic jew, you are a second class citizen in Israel.

            This thread is about AMD vs Intel. Intel's ethics and business practices are very much relevant to the argument about which company is deserving of your business. There is more at stake than a few frames per second.

            Comment


              Originally posted by bclagge View Post
              Actually this is more interesting than "AMD is the shizit" "no Intel is the shizit" "my dad can beat up your dad."

              This is an AMD vs Intel thread. Just because he's basing his argument on something other than performance specs doesn't make it any less relevant.

              Oh, and I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure that region was under the control of natives until the time of the crusades when westerners all of a sudden decided not only that the land was theirs but that killing infidels gauranteed you admission to heaven.
              In my opinion, the UT3 forums are no place for encouraging hatred. Nor am I a historian, however the term "natives" when referring to the Middle East refers to many peoples and cultures. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all have their roots in the region, and it would be beyond foolish to believe that any one people deserve control over the entire region...but I digress...INTEL PWNZ (for the time being)

              Comment


                Originally posted by damicatz View Post
                The plant is in what the Israelies call Kiryat Gat. The one I am referring to is not in Jerusalem.

                http://stopthewall.org/worldwideactivism/982.shtml

                Israel has been attacked because it is an illegitimate country to begin with. Imagine if the United Nations came in and divided up your country and your land and gave it to other people and then those other people set up an apartheid for anyone that was not of their ethnicity.

                I like the reference to children by the way. Of course, what you probably don't know or chose to ignore is that the IDF has been known to use children as human shields.

                It is a fact that the Arabs had occupied that land since at least the Middle Ages when the Ottoman Empire was in power. And then the United Nations came in, and divided up that land and kicked people out of their homes, some of which had been in their families for generations.

                Intel has consistently funded and supported Israel and the Pro-Zionist movement. I do not buy or patronize any companies that support such disgraceful activities (and no it's not limited to Intel).

                You believe a propaganda website? ROFL! **** dude! You are an idiot! I wouldn't believe anything a Palestinian website says! They love to play the victim while attacking women and children. But hey! Instead of stopping the wall? Can we talk about stopping the Terrorist attacks against Israel? I don't know about you, but the Palestinians are the ones that celebrated in the streets after 9/11. They are the ones that consistantly attack civilian targets against Israel. Night clubs with young teenagers in them, weddings, shopping centers. Can we talk about those attacks? Or in other words, the reasons for the wall! Seriously dude! You are starting to sound pro-terrorist. Palestinians did this to themselves. Instead of the negotiation table, they chose the suicide bomber. Arafat even walked away from the Oslo accords even though he was offered 98% of what he was asking for. Arafat chose war and not peace!

                You can condemn Intel for building a plant in Israel! What I don't understand is why you are worried about some wall and not the terrorism it prevents? Perhaps you could explain that to one of the families that lost a son or daugher or in some cases, their entire family due to palestinian terrorism. Israel has a right to defend itself and as far as I am concerned, with the number and frequency of terrorist attacks against innocent people, they are lucky there is any Palestinians territory at all! They should be happy Israel is just building a wall. You should be happy as well!

                Comment


                  As someone living on the other side of the world from that whole mess, I have to say it's easier to be sympathetic with the Israelis. The Palestinians wind up looking like an entire country of terrorists when they keep using suicide bombers.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by damicatz View Post
                    It's certainly not culturally diverse now. If you are not an ethnic jew, you are a second class citizen in Israel.

                    This thread is about AMD vs Intel. Intel's ethics and business practices are very much relevant to the argument about which company is deserving of your business. There is more at stake than a few frames per second.
                    Well...not to nitpick, but the region is still very culturally diverse; hence the constant conflict. I know you are referring to Israel, but I thought that difference should be pointed out. Cultural diversity in the Middle East has not exactly "worked", hence the current situation. It is the old tactic of "the lesser of two evils"...however, in such circumstances, one's idea of the "lesser evil" will unfortunately vary greatly depending on where you stand on the issue.

                    /quagmire

                    Comment


                      wow.. how a thread about CPU performance turned into geo-political debates is amazing. you folks aren't members of my site aliasing here by chance, are you?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                        Actually this is more interesting than "AMD is the shizit" "no Intel is the shizit" "my dad can beat up your dad."

                        This is an AMD vs Intel thread. Just because he's basing his argument on something other than performance specs doesn't make it any less relevant.

                        Oh, and I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure that region was under the control of natives until the time of the crusades when westerners all of a sudden decided not only that the land was theirs but that killing infidels gauranteed you admission to heaven.
                        Not going back far enough, your going to the crusades, you must remember that the land was all israeli before any Muslims or Christain's even existed, let alone came along, The Muslims and Christains then tried to force the Jews out. So technically all surrounding land was "liberated" originally from the Jews.

                        As for Kiryat Gat, It's population has been more generally Jewish then Arabic for some time anyway. The original aggressors between the Israeli and the Palenstines is undoubtably the Palenstines, Israel struck back trying to get some of it's stolen land back at first. However as far as I know, Kiryat Gat was never stolen, I certainly have never heard of any point when it was taken by Israel. If anything the Palenstines owe Israel land for all the land they stolen from Israel and the Jews in the first place. But meh~.

                        Comment


                          You know what would solve this? Make them both one country and force cross breeding.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by damicatz View Post
                            It's certainly not culturally diverse now. If you are not an ethnic jew, you are a second class citizen in Israel.

                            This thread is about AMD vs Intel. Intel's ethics and business practices are very much relevant to the argument about which company is deserving of your business. There is more at stake than a few frames per second.

                            That has to be the dumbest statement ever! Dang! We need a stupid statement award in this forum! I suppose we could say the same thing here! Some people in America would call you a second class citizen unless you were a christian. Just as in most Arab countries, you are a second class citizen unless you are muslim. In some places it even matters what type of Muslim.

                            The bottom line here is pretty simple. This thread is about AMD Vs. Intel and which is better. If it matters to you where a plant is and it is in your political agenda to support terrorists. The same ones that celebrated the attack on our nation on 9/11 and the same ones that elected Hamas to be their ruling party, a blatant terrorist organization and has repeatedely said they will not stop attacking Israel, which means their civilians and innocent people. Then fine, be a supporter of terrorism and buy AMD. I am sure AMD would love you in their PR campaign. I mean? You think they have been operating at a loss now? You would destroy their company!

                            Which chip would Bin Laden use? ROFL!

                            Comment


                              Intel is the better bang for the buck right now.

                              For the last year Intel has been edging AMD out, and with the release of their newest processors (Core 2 Duo E8400 and E8500), they have only extended that margain. Not to mention, you can easily find an E8400 for just over $200. If you're on a smaller budget you can get a Pentium Dual Core (which is a Core 2 Duo, Conroe chip with 1MB L2 cache) E2160 for around $80-$90 bucks that gives $150-$180 CPU's stiff competition when clocked to 3.0 GHz.

                              This article speaks for itself. There was no debate which processor I ordered when I ordered my new hardware.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X