Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would explain why Amd were selling x2 4400's for around $600 just over a year ago.

Ps. Intel could buy AMD out of loose change they found in the bottom of a draw. I doubt that "millions of dollars a year" is going to dent their R&D budget.

Comment

What are they testing? Which CPU does better? But why do they test in 1600*1200 with 4xAA and 16xAF ? If you want to find out the better CPU you need a CPU-limit and normally you reach it by using 800*600 no AA and full detail.

I don't know the US-prices, because I live in germany and don't know US price search engines. Under 200$ AMD has the better CPUs, but above Intel rules. For those ones, who want to overclock Intel is a better choice, because many CPUs reach the 3Ghz mark and outperform every AMD CPU.

Comment

I've been loyal to AMD for years. For my last upgrade though, I switched to an Intel X6800.

To be honest, both manufacturers provide processors with ample power for our needs. From my desktop perspective, it's really moot. Although I may save a few bucks here or there. In the grand scheme of building a whole new system, it's really insignificant. With a lot of the gaming load riding on other components in my rig as well, I try not to dwell too much on it anymore. If I was on a tight budget, I would be a bit more critical about it.

Comment

I guess ill buy an Intel then !

Comment

Originally posted by SKaREO View Post
            It's much the same as I drink Coca-Cola because Pepsi advertises too much and tastes like ****.
            I drink water - It's refreshing, doesn't poison you, and it doesn't need any advertising, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
              I drink water - It's refreshing, doesn't poison you, and it doesn't need any advertising, period.
              Hum.. you mean you are running Linux or what? :] Oh it was cpu's, plz continue.

Comment

I simply use what ever processor I can shoplift from the display case when the clerk has gone for a dump. When it's free why be choosy???

Comment

Intel for me, my quad core rapes those benchmarks completely (plus u3 is optimized for quad cores, MOH ran like butter with ZERO frame drop and no slutter at all max settings with 4xaa 16x fsaa at 1650 res,).

Comment

Noppppppe!!

..its optimized for dual cores

Comment

Originally posted by JaTT.Inc View Post
                      ..its optimized for dual cores
                      MOH runs on all 4 cores, if you got a quad start the game and check your performance tab, all cores are working. (and read nvnews, its clearly stated that MOH can use all cores available).
                      Edit: also, mhz for mhz the quad beats out the dual core both intel and core2duo.

Comment

i hyave always used AMD i dont know why to change INTEL even like i heard intel is the cheap system but i already have my pc so why buy another
                        "AMD64 X2 5000 Dual Core"
                        256 video memory
                        3gb RAM
                        320gb hardisk space
                        (sata)

well im happy with my pc is fast and furious :P

Comment

Originally posted by SKaREO View Post
                          Show me a chip under $150 that outdoes the AMD FX-62.

Good luck.
                          Core2 Duo E4400 overclocked to 3ghz. Really every single one of them go to those clocks

Myself i have E6750 @ 3,6ghz, and it's fast enough.. 20 degrees on idle, 36 on load temps with air.

Comment

You have Intel Core 2 duo 3.60ghz ?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgeber View Post
                              price isnt an issue...
                              yes it is, or you'd get whatever you want.

Originally posted by Kankipappa View Post
                              Core2 Duo E4400 overclocked to 3ghz. Really every single one of them go to those clocks

Myself i have E6750 @ 3,6ghz, and it's fast enough.. 20 degrees on idle, 36 on load temps with air.
                              OVERCLOCKED.

OVERCLOCKED.

OVERCLOCKED.

OVERCLOCKED.

That's OVERCLOCKED. If you overclocked AMD processors you'd get FX-62 speeds as well. you could overclock ANY recent processor to reach the speeds of ANY other processor, as long as you have the cooling for it. If you overclocked an FX-62, then no other sub- $150 CPU would be able to touch it.

Comment

HMM you guys know allot of stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X