Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

AMD or Intel for UT3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD or Intel for UT3?

If your going 2 buy a new computer and your not sure if to buy AMD or Intel. This will help you.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/490/3/

You realize that this test is from November 23, 2005?

Intel has improved since then at the moment you are bether suited with a core2duo then an amd x2, at least for gaming.

well the updated link looks much bether I would still go with a intel processor, although I have to agree, Intel is too expensive

Comment

Sorry, I changed the old link to the new 1.

Comment

No debate for me, AMD

Comment

For me the best bit of that article was :

After all, what's the point of brand loyalty? AMD and Intel don't love you back, no matter how much you might sing their praises. Put another way, it's not like AMD only sells to you, or Intel has a smiling shot of your mug on every pay stub as a testament to your past processor purchases now is it?

Comment

Updated the link again lol

Comment

I went with the AMD FX-62. Intel advertises a lot more, probably because they have an inferior product. I don't want my money spent on an advertising budget, I would rather just spend it on better hardware. It's much the same as I drink Coca-Cola because Pepsi advertises too much and tastes like ****.

Comment

LOL!!! nice, i early don't know if i should buy my new comp with AMD or Intel

Comment

My last 4 CPUs have been AMD and I currently have a X2. I have gotten AMD over Intel for their cost advantage. I think that AMD might have lost that and Intel's prices have become very competitive. I might go Intel for the next upgrade.

Comment

probably because they have an inferior product
                    Proof please.

Brutal: That last article caused quite a stir at the time as it was released a few days after a huge AMD price cut and a few days before a Large Intel Price cut. In that respect it was a pretty unfair article. Also as its a price vs performance based article and quite old it is no longer very relevant.

If you want an answer to the the thread title then either will be fine for the job.

Comment

Show me a chip under $150 that outdoes the AMD FX-62.

Good luck.

Comment

Thx Luseferous ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by SKaREO View Post
                          Show me a chip under $150 that outdoes the AMD FX-62.

Good luck.
                          price isnt an issue... u can always make more money but u cant build a new comp when ever u feel like it. save up and get the best. intel ftw

Comment

SKaREO: Where was the price limit in your first post ?

I can show many processors that leave the fx62 eating dust relased by both AMD and Intel.

Comment

The "advertising budget" part. Which is why Intel has to charge more, because they probably spend millions of dollars a year on advertising.

Comment

Working...
                              X