Grappelling enemies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grappelling enemies.

If anyone remembers the NinjaRope mutator, you could grapple your opponent and start dragging them around. The longer you held and the harder you dragged them, the faster they'd die(could take all of a second if you included some type of player flight mut)

Now, I'm not saying this should be default for the UT3 grapple, but would be nice to see as a server option or a mut.
    Hell, why not just add some kind of GrappleGame mut that lets you hook onto just about anything? (I know someone is gonna end up doing something like that anyway)

can a person swing like Tarzan using the grapple?

Comment

I think Epic only rigged it to clamp to vehicles and teammates
      Wouldn't take much to make it stick to everything else tho(at least I would assume)

Comment

If grappling turned out to be a useful attack, we'd see people fighting from hoverboard. Which is exactly not the point. If it turned out worthless, why include it anyway?

Comment

these forums need a mod/custom content area so that the ideas for muts/mods can get started on as soon as the game ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
            If anyone remembers the NinjaRope mutator, you could grapple your opponent and start dragging them around.
            That's just like the hoverboard grapple in ChaosUT2 HCTF.

It's fun at times, and you can get pretty good with it after some practice.

these forums need a mod/custom content area so that the ideas for muts/mods can get started on as soon as the game ships.
            Why wait that long?

Comment

If you saw the latest video you'll hear that you're able to grapple teammates AND enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                can a person swing like Tarzan using the grapple?

Tarzan, Spider-man, whathaveyou. But yes, in the ut2k4 mutator you could.

Comment

Originally posted by scribly View Post
                  If you saw the latest video you'll hear that you're able to grapple teammates AND enemies
                  Define latest video please... or provide a link. Thank you.

Comment

i was under the impression that you could only grapple onto friendly vehicles for more speed, although grappling to enemy vehicles would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                      i was under the impression that you could only grapple onto friendly vehicles for more speed, although grappling to enemy vehicles would be interesting.
                      the question then is... can you use weapons while grappling?

if not... you're a sitting duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                        the question then is... can you use weapons while grappling?

if not... you're a sitting duck.

You can grapple from a hoverboard. Weapons can't be used on a hoverboard.

Comment

yes, and I'd prefer if you grapple a enemy vehicle that the driver has a special button to 'electro-shock' the one grapling you. (of course shooting them will suffice, but still, zapping them is more fun)

Comment

Working...
                          X