Team View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The way I understand it, that's just for the radar while this idea is that you have mini views of all (or some) of your teammates on screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fedora.Pirate View Post
    I like the idea of a map - but as for video feeds from your teammates in game I don't want it there personally, I liked the way it was done in UT; numpad 1-9 would give you a 3rd person view of them.

i liked that as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is this similar to the team view on UT99? cos that was usefull.....kinda, not really, but it was kinda, u could tell when ur flag carrier was in trouble and where they were

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would call it Team-Cam or something, personally. But yeah I like the idea as an optional ability that could be toggled on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the idea of a map - but as for video feeds from your teammates in game I don't want it there personally, I liked the way it was done in UT; numpad 1-9 would give you a 3rd person view of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sounds kinda cool to me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it might be nifty to have a team view in the Warfare map, similar to the map in Onslaught. You icon can be green, but you team's icons will be team colored.

I don't think any team tracking tools are necessary in DM or v/CTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup, swat 4 was cool and i loved the feature...

I love the teamview idea but i would prefer to have a special camera-like device that can be mounted on walls in key areas, so that u can see if there are enemies....

Like the translocator view but without the translocator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    they dont have to turn it into a vid, that would require broadband internet
    It should be like when you're spectating
    Swat 4 had this and it was cool but useless

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I loved this feature, although I didn't use it much back then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Being able to see through a teammates helmet cam might be fun, but I'm not so sure it would be useful. I'd think it'd get distracting. Perhaps from the deploy screen? I'd like spawn cameras too though, like in XMP, but perhaps that made more sense with the spawn delay.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Team View

Team View

I got this idea after reading the title to http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=576768 Seeing how easy and relatively low bandwidth some vids are today, wouldnt it be kinda cool to beable to get small "viewports" that showed teammates view? Kinda like in a a newscast with 3 field reporters on the side? Or does a map showing the location of your team suffice. I know a large team for war would be harder to do unless your clan broke you up into teams with certin objectives and you chose them for you vids. What do you think?
Working...
X