Smooth Weapon Drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This sounds cool to me. Small things like this add a lot to the immersion of a game, I think, even at the expense of accuracy of snapshots. Now, if they could figure a way to point your weapon independent of your facing...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    doesn't really matter just as long as my ammo goes were i point them to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BozoB View Post
    Don't understand why anyone would play the game with weapon visible.
    Lots of peeps do. Heck I even know of one guy that scrolls all of his weapons (and he does not suck ). I do like how cool the weapons look, but preferred less clutter so went without the visible weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't understand why anyone would play the game with weapon visible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It should have it!!!!!!!.......... as an option like UT2004

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
    Ok...

Wait a minute, been watching some vids and focusing on the Weapons...

Apparently it's in, and hey, noone *****ed about it....
    Wow... u guys didn't notice it and it's basically in all the UT3 videos when in first person mode...

It's most obvious with the Shock rifle tho...

Cool!

See, the movement is so fast and minute that it didn't even bother you guys...
    You are right, and wrong. There is a small delay in the weapon movement, but not the "Weapon starts moving a split second before the First person view" thing you stated. It would mean a delay on camera and therefore messed up aim, as shown in the vid weapon movement doesn't effect the cross hair and is eliminated as soon as the players start shooting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doesn't matter to me, I play weapon view off anyhoo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok...

Wait a minute, been watching some vids and focusing on the Weapons...

Apparently it's in, and hey, noone *****ed about it....
    Wow... u guys didn't notice it and it's basically in all the UT3 videos when in first person mode...

It's most obvious with the Shock rifle tho...

Cool!

See, the movement is so fast and minute that it didn't even bother you guys...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jake-SF View Post
    Oh, I understand

As long as its not too much. Halo (don't start saying Halo is a bad game or whatever) use it, but only slightly. It does make it more immersing and I like it.

I'm for it, but its not like I will cry if its in or not.
    It would be immersing and natural if the weapon was ahead of the movement.

Because in reality nobody who wants to shoot a target a few degrees to the right would turn the whole body to the right and then have the arm and weapon follow it.

Bad and unnatural idea if too strong...

EDIT:
    Just saw somebody posted it already:

Actually, The weapon's movement is exactly opposite to what you guys think.

The Weapon starts moving a split second before the First person view, not the view, and then the weapon...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

How about just have the damned gun point where your crosshairs are and be done with it? It'd be unnatural if your gun and/or view DIDN'T point where your crosshairs were.

Leave a comment:

• replied

The Weapon starts moving a split second before the First person view, not the view, and then the weapon...
    That is even worse, but thankfully Epic would never add **** like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    Having the weapons instantly snapping in place takes away every bit of naturalness that smooth weapon drag gives you, and then some.
    Even if it only looks more natural when you're not firing, it still looks more natural when you're not firing. So not only does it not take away and then some naturalness, it doesn't even take away every bit of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Smooth weapon drag is just visual, not related to gameplay. Counter Strike Source had it and it look amazing. Gunreal, that mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, has it and it looks great in the trailers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    It would seem rather weird if the gun ends up firing at the crosshair even though it clearly isn't pointing in that direction. Although I suppose that weapon movement smoothing could be done only when the gun isn't firing.
    You mean just like in UT2004 and (from what we have seen so far) UT3?

Feature sounds nice, and I can't find any drawbacks, but not that nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X