Smooth Weapon Drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sure why not. As long as it doesn’t affect the hitting of the target. I suppose you have a big heavy weapon in your hand and there might be a split second delay in the weapon direction as you accelerate or change direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    So your weapon isn't pointed where you're aiming when moving?
    Not necessarily, no.
    Like I said, you could make it so the smooth movement is cancelled (your weapon snaps in place) the moment your fire a gun, or you could just ignore the small discrepancy between the gun and the crosshair entirely.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i get it you mean that the gun should point and shoot in the same direction where you are aiming

Leave a comment:

• replied
    meh! i reckon ill have wepons non hodden for around a week then they will be forever gone with just a crosshair on screen. i find this is far better for aiming less distracting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    Disagreed. Unlike those other things, this doesn't impact gameplay at all and only makes it look more believable.
    So your weapon isn't pointed where you're aiming when moving?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    This goes in the bucket of things marked 'could be nice but isnt unreal'. Along with reloading, kickback from shooting, guns rolling when dropped, moving faster/slower when carrying lighter/heavier weapons....etc..etc.
    Disagreed. Unlike those other things, this doesn't impact gameplay at all and only makes it look more believable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    I'm sorry, but what does that actually mean?
    When you move your view, the weapon model takes a split second to start moving as well
    So instead of staying where it is at all times and camera speeds(like in 2k4) the model will point off to the right/left until you stop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EddyVercetti View Post
    Smooth weapon drag just makes the game seem more natural.
    This goes in the bucket of things marked 'could be nice but isnt unreal'. Along with reloading, kickback from shooting, guns rolling when dropped, moving faster/slower when carrying lighter/heavier weapons....etc..etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Considering that EPIC is promoting the fact that you can aim just as well while moving, jumping, and flipping (i.e. no artificial penalties to make it realistic), I think it's unlikely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hard to explain...when you accelerate a bowl with water...the water will not accelerate at the same time as the bowl itself..same with rotating your character ingame...his arm (gun) will move a short time after his body...:S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I read the posts, yet I still can't get what this really means.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh, ick no, arrgh!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it wouldn't affect the crosshair to move it would still look unnatural..and I deffenitly don't want my aim to be affected by the movements..so defenitly no..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As long as it only affect the appearence of the gun and not the aim and as long as it's optional I don't care, but since I don't see the point of it I picked No.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would seem rather weird if the gun ends up firing at the crosshair even though it clearly isn't pointing in that direction. Although I suppose that weapon movement smoothing could be done only when the gun isn't firing.
    To be very honest, I don't really care. I'll probably end up setting my weapons to hidden after a while anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X