Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas! Thoughts! Questions?

Idea:
    I heard that the invisibility pick up was coming back to this game, because evidentally it was subsided in one of the earlier versions. I have an idea as far as this is concerned. Firstly, just hear me out because it is pretty far out.

Lets say for instance you make the location of this invisibility pick up enough so there is about a 1/4 ratio for each team. Obviosly have the placing of the spawn points so theritically both sides can get them easily. Make it so only x amount of people can be invisibile at a certain time. The idea that i thought of now comes in.

The people who have gotten the invisibility pickup are of course invisible but there are conditionals: All invisible people can see other invisible people but that is all that they are limited to. For instance, a person that isn't invisible walks right past an invisible person but neither of them know it. Neither of them can actually attack each other either. Just so we understand, Invisibles attack invisibles, and non invisibles can only attack non invisibles. Invisibles can also see invisible vehicles and likewise invisible vehicles can see invisibles.

This should also be stated: Invisible people can pickup all the normal weaponry and go into all the normal vehicles (they do not turn invisible unless they are supposed too), but more importantly they can still attack nodes and pick up orbs.

The reason of this idea is to create a second battle field, you have the same weapons but the people that get the invisible pickup would maybe be the best of the game. For instance: The best six of each team get invisibles then they keep battling it out trying to still finish each of the missions or goals of Warfare. So in essence we have two battelfields on the same map.

This would allow for a more strategic gameplay:

The invisible people would want to go for the orbs, but because they know they are limited by 6 on each side they must either stay together or seperate this would be based on their own strategies and each have both obvious advantages and disadvantages. The reason why i think this is so cool is because those six people on each team could basically steal orbs and nobody would even know. The trick to this is that if an enemy non invisible person has an orb, then an invisible person can kill him and if an invisible person has an orb then an non invisible person can kill him as well. So there is oppurtonity for great reward but at a very large risk.

When reading this please be open minded. I allready know that this will probably not be implemented in the game but imagine a MOD or a new game based off of these ideas. To take things even further we could make an entirely different map for the invisible people. For instance certain paths might be blocked off because they can't see the normal map and or there could be certain areas of the game, for instance nodes that take the advantage of being invisible away. Like an anti-invisibility cloak around all the nodes that way they don't have such a huge advantage. This doesn't even have to apply just to invisibility, maybe it could be applied to races or robots or something along those lines. Why does every alien race see things in the same way that humans do. Can't our developers also create a different color scheme or a different physical world based off of multi dimensions or something along those lines. I am on a rant of general ideas now, but please take my ideas as what they are, Ideas.

Questions:

When playing the game and after you kill someone are you able to pick up their weapons?
    In the most recent demo it appeared that you were able to walk over the spawn points and actually decide if you wanted to pick the weapon up or not, is this fact? If not can someone explain the process of picking up the weapons?
    Do you get a bonus or benefit or rage mode for getting x amount of kills in a row.
    Is there a ranking system? If so please explain
    As you progress in the story mode or in online mode are you able to unlock special outfits and/or weapons?
    What is AA? It was mentioned in a previous thread but i didn't know what it was and didn't really feel like bringing it up then and there.
    Do we have any ideas as far as how many people can play at once online? (I have heard 32, 64, and 40 but i would like to know for sure. If you don't know what was the max on the previous versions?)
    Are their race or robot specific weapons or vehicles that only that race can use or specialize in? What i mean is for instance are robots able to jack into robotic weapons by replacing their arms with it and there fore become more stable and lower the recoil rate or something along those lines.

Thoughts!

I would just like everyone to know how excited i am for this game. For instance: My birthday is on Nov. 8th and i will turn 21. I have taken that entire weekend off for both drinking and this game. I have gotten my parents to take care of my child for that entire weekend and have asked my wife to not bother me during those days. She understands what this game means to me as i have been on this forum at least browsing every night. Although i acknowledge the pc version will be a million times better, i am still going to play this on my ps3 because my comp is slower then.... well you get my point. I just can't believe that it is only two months away. I can't imagine having joined this fourm in may of 06 waiting for this game this long, i would have gone crazy, so in a way i am glad i never knew about it until recently but also in a way i am dissapointed. I am just so overly excited for this game.

As far as comments and feed back, i would of course appreciate any answers to the questions and any insight and comments as far as my above idea is concerned because i do feel it is a work of art if i don't say so my self. but please comment seriosly because i do take all comments very seriously and hope to gain a sense or idea as to what the general community desires as i plan on developing games as a career. Thank You

Originally posted by MatrixJCE View Post
    Questions:

When playing the game and after you kill someone are you able to pick up their weapons?
    In the most recent demo it appeared that you were able to walk over the spawn points and actually decide if you wanted to pick the weapon up or not, is this fact? If not can someone explain the process of picking up the weapons?
    In UT, when you kill a player, they drop only the weapon they had in hand, not all the weapons they were carrying (although there are optional mutators that would allow this).

Mark Rein mentioned recently that players would now drop items when they are killed, which he said was new. I'm not sure what that was about, as dropping the Orb isn't different from dropping a flag... hardly sounds new. Maybe it's a WAR thing?

Do you get a bonus or benefit or rage mode for getting x amount of kills in a row.
    There's a cool announcemnt made

... but no, nothing like that in a standard game. Again, there are mutator that would allow this.

Is there a ranking system? If so please explain
    As you progress in the story mode or in online mode are you able to unlock special outfits and/or weapons?
    There will be online stats for online play.

AFAIK, the choices of missions you take influences what special vehicles, etc, are available in further single player matches.

What is AA? It was mentioned in a previous thread but i didn't know what it was and didn't really feel like bringing it up then and there.
    AA is Anti-aliasing.

Do we have any ideas as far as how many people can play at once online? (I have heard 32, 64, and 40 but i would like to know for sure. If you don't know what was the max on the previous versions?)
    For the PC they said it's not locked, so whatever your server can handle. How many that would be, we don't know.

Are their race or robot specific weapons or vehicles that only that race can use or specialize in? What i mean is for instance are robots able to jack into robotic weapons by replacing their arms with it and there fore become more stable and lower the recoil rate or something along those lines.
    There may be an optional Racial Stats mutator... there was one in UT2k4, but I never tried it.

That said, depending on the settings you choose, in WAR you may play Necris vs Axon, and this gives you different vehicles.

Comment

I would just like everyone to know how excited i am for this game. For instance: My birthday is on Nov. 8th and i will turn 21. I have taken that entire weekend off for both drinking and this game. I have gotten my parents to take care of my child for that entire weekend and have asked my wife to not bother me during those days. She understands what this game means to me as i have been on this forum at least browsing every night. Although i acknowledge the pc version will be a million times better, i am still going to play this on my ps3 because my comp is slower then.... well you get my point.
      My advice???

Divorce your wife and sell your child. Use the money to buy a better computer...

Comment

1. The invis idea: Make a mutator or mod to implement it.
        2. The full game may not even be out by that date, so if you're gonna play anything at all then it'll have to be the demo. That means on a PC since there won't be any PS3 demo by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          Mark Rein mentioned recently that players would now drop items when they are killed, which he said was new. I'm not sure what that was about, as dropping the Orb isn't different from dropping a flag... hardly sounds new. Maybe it's a WAR thing?
          He probably means the pickups like Amp, Invis, etc...

Comment

ur invisible ideas are kinda farfetched lol, i like how it was in UT99

Comment

Yeah, thats really confusing. You realise the invisible pickup will probably be completely time based, so you wouldnt have lots of people invisible at once, as by the time a new one has spawned it has run out.

Comment

Invisibility pick-up- potentially extremely annoying for a player killed by anyone cloaked if it's in a multiplayer?? new aimbot annoying, jeez , I hope not in multiplayer online play.

Press for new ideas by all means, but not gimmicky stuff. The double dodge goes and this sort of thing comes in....hmmm ,fingers still crossed though

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                  He probably means the pickups like Amp, Invis, etc...
                  I hope that he does actually, they used that same game play in Q3A (quake 3 arena) and boy did that add extra dimension to the game!! I actually missed it in ut1 because of that but that's all I missed in ut1 xD.

Would be nice if they implement this in the game, it adds extra "carnage" as their trailers suggest the entire game will really be creating on the battlefield =)

Comment

I feel for your wife. She must be a saint, being probably very young and having the responsibilities of a mother... there are many instances where a wife has to become a surrogate mother for her husband, so in a sense, with your "booze and videogames week", it seems she has 2 children...
                    If SD means you are in South Dakota, I guess that explains a lot: with enough cold weather, one is encouraged to stay at home and do things that keep him warm: drinking, playing and making babies.

Comment

I don't mind the drop system for items, but I hope Epic will consider limiting players to one power up only. It could get pretty bad if someone is able to horde every powerup in a map, or use a combination of them to do so. I like the idea of taking a power up and then, if you pick up another one, it overrides the current one.

So for example you pick up Beserk you cannot pick up Invisibility without making Beserk vanish. Just something I think would be a fun game mechanic that would prevent overpowering someone.

Comment

yea, i think the invis idea is cool, but again farfetched. Definitly a mod thing. I also liked ur theory on the whole multiple dimensions in one level thing. Do guys remember the movie Cube 2: Hypercube, and how by the end they were seeing and their past and future selves? thats another thing i think would be cool for a mod. You go through a door and see ur opponent from 5 mins ago as a bot doing what he actually was a sec ago, and u fight this bot opponent, but killing him wont effect the actual player he represents. Weird as hell, unlikey, but i think the concept is cool, and a possibility as an off the wall mod. It would have to implement sum kinda instant-replay tech to work.

Comment

yeah your cubic idea would be awesome, i would love to have someone make a mod related to this post. It would be cool if the ps3 could handle the mod too if it were made.

Comment

Working...
                          X