Which platform are you buying UT3 for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which platform are you buying UT3 for?

I've got a PS3 and a good PC (X2 4200, 2GB, 7800 GT). I'm more inclined to buy the PC version, just because I have a Razer Death adder which has all my settings on the PC.

The PS3 version would be great, but there's one stupid thing that concerns me and that's my HDTV. It's an LCD and there's a an 8 ms response time (there's no response time with Plasma). With my PCs CRT there's less than 1 ms response time. It's a stupid quam but when I play UT2004 on my CRT and HDTV at the same time you can sorta notice the lag difference, and it's worse with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

But I guess UT3 will be slower than UT2004, not as fast (and no double jump ).

What do you think?

play it on the PC.

Comment

A poll would be good, although it's been done.

For me, PC, most likely.

Comment

I just dont understand how ppl can use that controller i find it impossible to get decent accuracy.

Comment

well we all started with controller and it worked awsome but when u get pc and see how much better a mouse is well.... the controller dies in our hearts .... !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DireWolf View Post
            I just dont understand how ppl can use that controller i find it impossible to get decent accuracy.
            That's why they gave PS3 owners the option to play UT3 with a keyboard and mouse on their consoles.

Comment

PC all the way!

Comment

can't determine until I know whether there are linux and mac support in the pc version

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
                  can't determine until I know whether there are linux and mac support in the pc version
                  http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=558281

Comment

Can you help me understand how ppl can be on these forums and not know that PS3 probably doesnt mean controller?

Comment

Same here.

There is only 1 way to play in the Tournament, and that is with KB/mouse. The rest of you will be CRUSHED!

Comment

Not gonna buy anything... UT2004, Tribes2, 2142 all work great Under Vista 64 bit version. So Im sure that if all the above work great I would assume UT3 will also work great under Vista 64 bit OS also under the PC platform

Cya

Comment

sorry
                          be clear
                          i mean will they be released in nov or later and are they in the PC DVD box or in separate boxes

Comment

360. The only next-gen console worth buying.

I won't comment on a PS3, and my computer won't run the game, like 50% of the "average" peoples.

Thats also why I hope the 360 is alone in multiplayer gaming, since no kb/mouse support here (I certainly don't want it, anyway) and I want to play it fair.

Comment

PC, I don't have a PS3 and don't feel like waiting for the Xbox version. (not to mention the other advantages om the PC, like making mods, ect).

Comment

Working...
                              X