UT3 OST from new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    And this is why I'm not a big fan of remixing game music for a new game.
    It's like the worst of two worlds: the songs don't feel native to the game and they're never better than the original. (it's always just the same song with extra **** added, which is generally a bad thing where music is concerned)
    why is it that remixed songs don't work well, but remixed maps are good game?

Comment

Sounds so farmiliar....just great. Can't wait to hear the full soundtrack. Already hear these tracks all the time (even got it on my mp3-player...). Btw I like also the announcer. "doublekill" and "killingspree" sound cool. Any infos if there will be the "sexy voice" in UT3 again?

Comment

remix of MenuTheme is fantastic. ONS01Mix is great too, but original without beats was felt more epic to me. Also I liked RomUT06_ActionTheme a lot (looks like it was written in 2005 when game was named UT2006).
        Anyway all music is great, I have what to listen while I wait for the game.

Originally posted by RogueLeader View Post
        Any infos if there will be the "sexy voice" in UT3 again?
        "sexy announcer" was... bad.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
          why is it that remixed songs don't work well, but remixed maps are good game?
          Good question.
          Probably because music is more about emotion, while with a map the most important thing is how well it plays.
          Another slightly more intricate explanation could be the different relation to the game maps and music have. Maps have a very tight relation to the game they're for; they're adjusted in scale and weapon locations to fit any gameplay differences between the games, not to mention graphics have to be brought up to date or modified to fit a theme. Music, on the other hand, gets it's relation to a game only by being in the same box you pay for, hasn't gotten more advanced as time passes (well, sure, we get a lot more echo and noise in our music now when compared to the midi days, but that may be a bad thing) and to be very honest, most games also don't have such a clear theme in their music that you can modify one song to fit with the others. As such, you can't really remake a song for a game; in fact you can switch songs between games without encountering trouble. As such, when remaking a map for a different game, the end result feels like it's part of that game and plays like that game, but when remixing a song for a new game, the end result just seems like a knockoff of the original.

...or something like that.

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Considering bringing back the old tracks unharmed would have felt lame these remixes are as good as they get. When I bought my sexy killer rig I went cheap on the sound card, I regret it now. =(

Comment

I seem to be the only one who actually doesn't like Mech8

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                  Perfect. I was hoping they'd make the music more like the original UT, and some remixes is always nice.
                  Was I dreaming the other day or did I see someone say Alexander Brandon is working on the music in this game too?
                  http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...st.php?id=9731

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...st.php?id=9744

Comment

So let me get this right..
                    We're currently allowed to use all Unreal, U2 & UT content in our own maps/mods. This is very ..

Now, I'm sure it does, but it's worth checking imo - Does this blanket permission extend to these tracks too? (and by extension, any other unreleased UT3 content that hasn't been actively stolen from epic's underground bunker, or otherwise leaked without Epic's knowledge )

For those of us still stoopid enough to be working on 2K4 content it'd be handy - especially for me in particular at the moment (see sig).

Ps: I type this as they're D/Ling, so I haven't actually heard them yet, but I did want to try & get this in before the thread swells to ridiculous size..

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks!

Comment

I really liked the necris themes and the unreal tournament first theme!
                        But i was a bit disappointed of the remix which lose the "metal" side of music (nomore electric guitare ).
                        I hope there will be some electro-metal songs in UT3 (like in all previous UT) and not just electro. Unreal series and UT's musics were always great, I hope the UT3's ones will be in the same vein.

Comment

The Necris Ambient theme reminds me of the beginging of Palpatine's Teachings from the Star Wars EPIII soundtrack. And it's a good thing.

Comment

I'm not really a fan of the now tiresomely overused and clich├ęd "mystic/epic vocal" music. It seems that nothing anymore, not a game nor film, can have a soundtrack that does NOT contain it.
                            Eight years ago when I fought Sephiroth in FFVII it used to sound awesomely cool. Now I'm getting awesomely sick of it, and I think a game like UT does not need that kind of music. However, when it sounds more ambient instead of epic, like the vocals did in Skyward Fire, I'm perfectly comfortable with it.

I hope as well they'll have some nice heavy electric guitar music added to the soundtrack ^^

Comment

Wasn't "prepare for battle" in Quake III Team Arena?

Comment

Although 'prepare for battle' sounds a ton less geeky than 'play!' from UT2, I sure as hell hope we won't have to hear it everytime again we fire up a match.

Comment

Working...
                                X