Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there WarFare Maps without Nodes, Cores and Orbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there WarFare Maps without Nodes, Cores and Orbs?

A thought just popped into my head: If there are maps like Torlan2, which are like Classic Onslaught without Objectives, it could also be the opposite.
    I like the map AS-BP2-Thrust and I could imagine it as a WarFare map.
    As we know, it is possible to map a pure Assault map for WarFare, why shouldn´t be a stockmap like this?

So the question is:
    Are there WarFare maps without Nodes, Cores and Orbs, wich behave like Assault maps, as a counterbalance to the WarFare Maps which behave like Onslaught?

it's supposed to be possible, but I doubt there will be any stock retail maps that play like this unless they program multiple configurations into each map.

Comment

If AS style gameplay are now going to come under the Warfare gametype, then it's only a matter of time before trial + race map servers start to appear which hopefully kills competitive warfare/normal warfare. A strange hope you might think, but how AS was cast aside as if it wasn't inactive after UT2004 annoyed me. The European AS scene lived longer than the European CTF scene, which makes it a funny thought that CTF is still being kept in UT3, yet AS is gone. Please don't give me the "AS was merged with ONS" ****, it will never be real AS, and custom maps could be made, but they will never be made to the professional level they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by -Sephiroth- View Post
        ... it will never be real AS...
        Thank the goddess!

Comment

When you load up your warfare server list, and half of those servers are trial/race maps, remember my name, and imagine a devious laugh in your head.

Comment

That problem would still exist if Classic AS was in UT3.

Comment

I'm an AS player, here are the options;
              #1 Keep AS, problem still exists in AS.
              #2 Don't keep AS, problem infects Warfare

At least with #1, I could still play good ol' competitive AS, but #2 is being taken, I can't.

Comment

All we need is a good system that differentiate AS maps and true warfare map, so you can filter one or the other.

Comment

If AS style gameplay are now going to come under the Warfare gametype, then it's only a matter of time before trial + race map servers start to appear which hopefully kills competitive warfare/normal warfare. A strange hope you might think, but how AS was cast aside as if it wasn't inactive after UT2004 annoyed me. The European AS scene lived longer than the European CTF scene, which makes it a funny thought that CTF is still being kept in UT3, yet AS is gone. Please don't give me the "AS was merged with ONS" ****, it will never be real AS, and custom maps could be made, but they will never be made to the professional level they need to be.
                  wow, just think the opposite of everyone else. if you dont want ctf in the game, go buy something else, cuz ctf and dm are the best gametypes.

Comment

When you load up your warfare server list, and half of those servers are trial/race maps, remember my name, and imagine a devious laugh in your head.
                    I was highlighting this very problem in other threads, yet no one seemed to notice or care.
                    Anyway, you seem overly pessimistic: I think it's a serious problem, and it could harm UT3, but not to the point of seeing a prevalence of race/trials/skateboarding/RPG. Although, if you also add snipers, unusable, stupid, demo servers and so on... it's bound to become annoying.
                    Anyway, we know little to nothing about the server browser; let's hope they give us something more usable than the last iteration, and they give visible cues/separate lists (AND STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for different game types.

Comment

Well, as long as the ability to set an "objective" exists in the game editor, people are going to make race maps... I'm afraid the infection is too great by now...

If someone were to make a REAL race map, like with terrain properly modeled and an "escape from a bad place" kind of basic AS type storyline, that would be fine. This however is not what people use it for.

(Not that I'm dissing vehicle-based gameplay in its entirety, but it's not hard to see there are precious few examples of it being done right.)

Comment

i probably will only ever play Warfare, didnt like assault much but yea either way is fine. the more possibilities the better

Comment

Trial and Race are different gametypes and their maps don't belong under the Warfare heading.

Epic should create some empty gametypes for mappers to place their maps under, just like they did for vCTF in UT2004. ONS, AS, Trials, Race, BR, TAM, vINV, cDOM, you name it.

Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                          if you dont want ctf in the game, go buy something else, cuz ctf and dm are the best gametypes.
                          I disagree. I'd gladly see CTF and especially DM cut from the game in order to accommodate more Warfare.

Originally posted by capable heart View Post
                          If someone were to make a REAL race map, like with terrain properly modeled and an "escape from a bad place" kind of basic AS type storyline, that would be fine.
                          Yeah, AS-Junkyard being an example that it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                            Trial and Race are different gametypes and their maps don't belong under the Warfare heading.

Epic should create some empty gametypes for mappers to place their maps under, just like they did for vCTF in UT2004. ONS, AS, Trials, Race, BR, TAM, vINV, cDOM, you name it.
                            Yes please.

Comment

just make your own map in UEditor without nodes and whatnot.

call it DM-LOLVehicles

Comment

Working...
                              X