UT3 lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    IMO there's nothing wrong with it. And is it a contest? Sure it is. Just an "unofficial" one. Is there anything wrong with using subtle methods of making your post more visible? When there are like 1000 replies.. Hell no. I like to think I've come up with some pretty good ideas for this game, and I am good with names too. I hope my post is at least read for their consideration, if not it ain't the end of the world... just good fun imo and I think it would be sweet to get my name in the credits... do people always have to be so cynical? I guess it's no surprise that Epic doesn't actually ASK for peoples opinions more often...
    Too bad they don't have an opinion about gameplay they wanna announce here... ...only about the most unimportant thing for a game: the name of a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
      Is there anything wrong with using subtle methods of making your post more visible?
      Nothing wrong with it.
      But it doesn't exactly fill me with the feeling that people are flocking just to come see UT3 either, like the threadstarter suggested.

Originally posted by Xavi View Post
      So u may be generalizin. So u think old members here are the "real fans" or somethin?
      Without generalisation you can never say anything.
      You can be pretty sure the older members here are fanatics though. Many of the people registering for that thread may be genuinely interested in UT3 as well, but considering the news was posted on some non-UT3 sites as well there's really no telling how many people just came on for the idea of having a name they thought up in a well known game, even if they don't even plan on playing it.

Comment

Very well said Xavi, most likely one of the reasons why a lot of people prefer posting on BU forums.

CTF-DarkMoon rofl that's priceless

Comment

You know, I used to have an account here and I used to post here alot back in UT99/UT2k3 but I stopped visiting the forums cause it was pretty dead. I don't even remember what email/username I used haha.

And suprisingly, I rejoined so I can post something for the map naming thread. Sad huh?

I do read these forums all the time, and visit beyondunreal.com /planetunreal.com regularly. I think the amount of people that just joined is pretty laughable though =P

Comment

Did the same thing happen with 2k4?

Comment

I wonder if the Moon starts destroyed, or if it gets destroyed during on of the missions in the Single Player game?

Comment

Thats an interesting question, changes in the skybox while the game ? Maybe is not an skybox?

Comment

You wouldn't have to do it in game, but rather as the map loaded (I'm speculating). If you completed this mission, use this, if not use that.

Comment

I'll admit... I registered just to post a possible name, but I am one of the ones that have been lurking around here for the past couple months feeding off any updates I could. It's late and I'm half asleep but new site updates and some music to fall asleep too seems pretty sweet. We all know the demo is coming in the not so distant future and I eagerly await putting my systems to the test.

Comment

Working...
                    X