UT3 lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 lives!

Just look at the staggering amount of replies in the Name That Map thread together with the flood of new members. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see this community chip in at the request of their heroes. If this is just what a simple thing as coming up with a mapname can do, imagine this whole scene exploding in the first hours of the demo release.

I'm very proud of what the Epic lads and ladies are about to achieve here. Here's to total madness in a few weeks, and may it last forever!

Most users ever online was 1,081, 03-11-2007 at 06:46 AM.
    This was probably around the release of GOW...UT3 should be able to beat that :-)

Comment

GoW was released in November of 2006...

Comment

Well I'm sure that it has something to do with GOW though...probably the release of some new levels..

Comment

At least 500 sign-ups since September, have these guys been lurking here all the time?

Hope Epic throw us some more bones like this from now on. :]

Comment

Well, there is a very simple reason to explain this. This thread was posted on a bunch of diffrent Unreal related sites like BeyondUnreal and the members there registred on this site to give the name they liked.

Comment

I think people are also signing up in preparation for teh demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner!

Comment

It's awesome because letting us get involved is fun, and thinking up names is fun. They should also let us suggest new content for maps, like stick a massive pyramid in the middle of Face then blame the author when everyone realises it's ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    *prays for torrent*

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                      It's awesome because letting us get involved is fun, and thinking up names is fun. They should also let us suggest new content for maps, like stick a massive pyramid in the middle of Face then blame the author when everyone realises it's ****.
                      and thus, Face ]V was born.

Comment

Originally posted by hackdroot View Post
                        *prays for torrent*
                        i gotta say this: LOL

Comment

i personally signed up just to submit my entries to the name that map! contest, but i like these forums and ill be hanging around here as well as beyondunreal for the lifetime of UT3

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                            Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see this community chip in at the request of their heroes.
                            All I'm seeing is 600 people registering in hopes of having their "name" (generally it's just a list of whatever words they could think of) used in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                              All I'm seeing is 600 people registering in hopes of having their "name" (generally it's just a list of whatever words they could think of) used in the game.
                              At least EPIC didn't make some huge affair out of it, like posting it on every gaming news site and call it a competition just to have "your name in the printed credits (2 pt fontsize)".

Just have been watching Rush Hour 3 with my mom (she wanted to see it) and in the ads prior to the movie exactly that was announced for another movie (forgot which one)... ..."Call and extremely expensive hotline and have your name featured in the credits".

Comment

Working...
                              X