Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pboy View Post
    Diff map huh? Reused static mesh? That structure is very similar
    Why not? did you not play UT2004? there was static meshes repeated all over the place on many maps.. it saves game file size..

Comment

They are probably not the same map. I can remember an interview or something like it, that the single player was going to be improved on, by carrying on the theme of the location your at for example; seeing a small part in the distance that relates to the next map.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        EDIT: didn't read willhavens post but if I had posted earlier id be saying I told you so.. GOD its so obvious they are diferent.. No need to post about it.. As for the static mesh you pointed out being on the two maps.. did you really think that each map has its own unique static meshes... hahaha NO!
        Calm down. Breathe. From the pics you can see that it's exactly the same meshes, both the pillar and the walk ways, so thinking it's from different locations in the same map isn't far fetched. Not everyone have time to analyze clips frame by frame. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsaw View Post
          Only because they banned all the cheerful,fun names.
          In that sentence, my beef is more with the "every" than with the "evil". It's like someone asking: "My wife is having a son, but we can't think of a good name. Suggestions?"
          And the reply he gets is: "I'd name him Ben, Bill, Boy, Bart, Burt, Bert, Jack, Jake, Jason, James, Jaymie, John, George, Jeb... gimme a minute, I'll come up with more names."

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
            didn't Epic mension that you may see a building far off in one map and then the next map you would actually play in it? maybe that's an example of it... idk tho...
            Yeah, I've also heard something about this at the beginning...not sure if they did something with this idea, would be nice.

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
            what is this skybox thingo anyway? i think ive got an idea but yeah...sum1 explain please? but yeah i see what you mean it does look like the same map
            Here is your awnser http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/SkyBox

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
            I can tell you for a fact they are not the same map. but im not going to waste my time taking video shots and the like to prove it.. so all i say its.. Lots of maps are going to have a sun in them.. there will be a few space ones.. THAT DOESN'T mean they are the same.

EDIT: didn't read willhavens post but if I had posted earlier id be saying I told you so.. GOD its so obvious they are diferent.. No need to post about it.. As for the static mesh you pointed out being on the two maps.. did you really think that each map has its own unique static meshes... hahaha NO!
            Are you on some kind of drug...you sound like you're totally outraged, about nothing...
            Not everyone is as uptodate as you seem to be...

I'm also not sure what screenshots you're looking at, because when you compare them, they're not that different at all...Maybe the first two pictures that I posted look quite different, but when you would have looked at the 3e picture that I posted in this thread you would notice they're quite alike..Don't post you're opinion when you only read the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
              didn't Epic mension that you may see a building far off in one map and then the next map you would actually play in it? maybe that's an example of it... idk tho...
              Folks, we have a winner!

Comment

They did something with it.. That also explains why these maps look that much alike..

Comment

Yeh epic mentioned they would have a few styles and the maps would be on these instead of making a completely random map style each time. eg space, Asian arch, necris etc. a few styles and each map would belong to one style

Comment

These screenshots make me get a warm shivering feeling, they are breathtaking!

The maps look incredible.

Comment

Working...
                    X