Same map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same map?

Since it's a bit useless to post anything in the "name the map" thread, they keep spamming new names anyway, I'll just drop it in here.

It looks like the first shot is from the same map, if that is true then the asteroid is really orbeting the planet...Then the map really would have a great "skybox" ..:-)

[shot]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3756/vlcsnap12931et9.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8246/cccccccfh9.jpg[/shot]

um...ok? what's the point of this thread exactly?

Comment

He's spotted that those two pictures are most likely the same map. I'm glad he posted it, as I suspected the first picture was Diemos before.

Well spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
        um...ok? what's the point of this thread exactly?
        I'm just trying to figure out the new map.... if you don't care don't post here..

Comment

Nah in the official picture, that "star" curves around the earth/planet below, so I'm guessing it's the sun and it's always in the same position in the skybox.

That "star" in the video capture looks like it's hitting that asteroid.

Comment

Well I'm almost sure that this is from the same map though...Just compare the structure in the red circle with the first posted picture in this thread..they look alike..
            [shot]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6079/dezeai4.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Could be a dynamic skybox, which open up a lot of interesting possibilitys, but it could also be a twin star that just isn't visible in the later shots. Only time will tell I guess. =)

And it's deffo the same map.

Edit: And since they have said that there are no longer any skyboxes maybe we should stop using that word. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y» View Post
                Since it's a bit useless to post anything in the "name the map" thread, they keep spamming new names anyway, I'll just drop it in here.

It looks like the first shot is from the same map, if that is true then the asteroid is really orbeting the planet...Then the map really would have a great "skybox" ..

[shot]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3756/vlcsnap12931et9.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8246/cccccccfh9.jpg[/shot]
                Yesterday, it was 12 pages when I posted. Now its 51. I really don't think those are all well thought out names. At least they have choice. Anyhow, the thing that stuck out when I looked at it was the skybox. I'd be pretty excited if you could change the gravitational pull and make comets and the like slam into the level. I think there should be a forcefield around the whole level that could be disabled for a short time. So you could really screw the guy over with your flag when he gets his teeth knocked out by a shooting star.

Comment

It could be an earlier version of the skybox.

It seems that it's the same theme, but the relative positions of things has changed.

Hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsaw View Post
                    I really don't think those are all well thought out names.
                    You're joking right?
                    600 people register a forum account just to post every "evil" word in the dictionary they can find...

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                      You're joking right?
                      600 people register a forum account just to post every "evil" word in the dictionary they can find...
                      I had spotted a few nice names.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                        You're joking right?
                        I wanted to post the winner (CTF-GimmeTehDemo), but since I got deleted just because I asked people to use the Edit button I ain't giving it to them!

Ok I could have been more polite..

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                          I had spotted a few nice names.
                          I'm imagining a wall completely covered in darts except for a big empty space surrounding a dart board with a few darts on it.

Comment

Different map, same theme though.

Comment

Thanks, for clearing that up..Do we also have to find a name for that map.. (j/k..)

Comment

Working...
                              X