Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    So we can take all the normal mapping, dynamic lighting, vehicle shock damping, wheel spinning and players moving their legs while walking out? It's not as if any of that affects gameplay.
    Since those aren't umpteenth levels of realism those aren't a problem. But we'll have air control, something that's not "real", and weapons that do the same amount of damage no matter where you are hit on your body, as well as flags that when you capture "magically" get returned to their base, and so forth.

Again, not an ultra realism shooter. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    And since this isn't a realism shooter, we're not going to see an umteenth level of degree of realism in the game.
    So we can take all the normal mapping, dynamic lighting, vehicle shock damping, wheel spinning and players moving their legs while walking out? It's not as if any of that affects gameplay.

we'd see bullet damage reduced in half in the slow volume
    A lightweight and sensible alternative.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see it,it looks like jelly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    Anyone know if the designated role thing -Orb carrier, means you have no ability to carry/fire weapons -and is this set, meaning once you choose or are chosen, is it for an entire game(hope not) and what if nobody on a team wants to do it?
    You can change roles at any time. All the role does is change what orders you are given and what things highlight on your mini map. There are no "classes" really. The game just tries to auto-organize the team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the whole idea of this slow cube was a big surprise to me its something completely different to all the previous unreal tournaments. but i still like the idea of it all...i wonder what the other deployables will be from the nightshade, Ive seen the slowcube and spidermines, anybody heard about any others so far?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The slow volume seems to reduce movement speed in half. A laser travelling through it wouldn't slow one bit. Even a bullet would still travel extremely fast through it. And since this isn't a realism shooter, we're not going to see an umteenth level of degree of realism in the game. Or else we'd see bullet damage reduced in half in the slow volume, bullets affected by the wind and have an actual velocity in the game. The type of projectile would be different than the near-instantaneous application of a laser.

The bottom line is that a hitscan weapon is practically instant with respect to how the game works. Which means it's not going to matter if it passes through a slow volume.
    If MovementIsSlowedByHalf=True, then you are correct, hitscan speed change wouldn't make a noticeable difference. It will be no worse than playing low gravity IG, which does feel like you're in a slo-mo cube in relation to normal gravity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The slow volume seems to reduce movement speed in half. A laser travelling through it wouldn't slow one bit. Even a bullet would still travel extremely fast through it. And since this isn't a realism shooter, we're not going to see an umteenth level of degree of realism in the game. Or else we'd see bullet damage reduced in half in the slow volume, bullets affected by the wind and have an actual velocity in the game. The type of projectile would be different than the near-instantaneous application of a laser.

The bottom line is that a hitscan weapon is practically instant with respect to how the game works. Which means it's not going to matter if it passes through a slow volume.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any halfway decent hitscanner should have no problem fragging the slo-mo victim, therefore, it only makes sense to slow down the hitscan whilst it "travels" inside the slow-motion cube. After all, the player caught in the cube has his movement speed diminished, thus making him an extremely easy target by normal HS weapons. Otherwise, you might as well make it a "frozen in time" cube.

What I think would be funny about slowing down the hitscan "projectile" is that when it exits the other side of the cube, it becomes a true hitscan again and from that moment can HS shoot a player who comes into its path. I'll bet someone will say that makes the game too random, but in all honesty, if in a standard no cube game a player shoots a HS at an opponent and misses, there is likely the same chance the shot could hit another player. Face it, if the player didn't see the shot coming through the cube, he probably deserves to get hit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But from the comments, they wanted the hit-scan to take out people in the cube so it can be used as a trap, like over flags and such.
    Guess we'll see, either way, it will add some variety to the game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Might be better if beam weapons were just distorted like a refracted ray unless you hit perfectly perpendicular to the cube side. ----[--- art

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Slow Cube is flawed....
    It slows players, projectiles and vehicles etc, but it doesn't slow instant hit.
    I watched the vid where the cube was dropped and a bot entered, everything looked good until he shot the bot with the shock beam.... Yes, I know it's possible, but the player should die well after them beam has been fired. Being hit instantly in a slow cube with a beam weapon makes it look out of place.

If everything goes slow, then so should beam weapons.

Guess We'll have to wait and see how it pans out, ATM I don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    I've seen one report from a dev which says that the orb dissipates after insta-taking a node, and another saying that it persists. Not sure which it true.
    Dissipating after converting a node sounds like the better idea, especially when one team starts to dominate the map, they'd have to work a bit harder to take down nodes until someone brought the orb nearby again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
    im pretty sure the role playing situation lets you do whatever you like, however there are pointers on where to go and some chik says what to do as your role next...thats what im assuming anyway
    It's an AI Commander of sorts. Includes spawn point selection and the like. Completely optional. As you said, it just adjusts if and what you have for HUD assists.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Prediction for public servers: We'll see the most inexperienced player on one team spawn closest to the orb and take it for an aimless sight-seeing tour of the map, while the other team get someone who knows what to do skipping happily from node to node insta-charging them.

I've seen one report from a dev which says that the orb dissipates after insta-taking a node, and another saying that it persists. Not sure which it true.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im pretty sure the role playing situation lets you do whatever you like, however there are pointers on where to go and some chik says what to do as your role next...thats what im assuming anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X