Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow-mo cube?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    what about vehicles that are not complete inside the statsis-field, will they get slowed down?

    or must the whole vehicle completely sorrounded by the stasis-field to be slowed down?

    can we put spidermine holes inside the stasis field?

    will the robotic arm of the nightshade slowed down if it touches the stasis-field?

    questions over questions
    ®

    Comment


      #32
      I bet the instant the weapon bounding box touches the cube it'll slow down, even the arm.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        I wonder if the slow volume can be modded to completely stop time. Or speed it up.
        that would be fun, u could stand with ur back to it, rocket jump into it and fire urself up into the air across teh map

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          You're not required to enter the Stasis Field.

          If it's on a flag or whatever you can take a chance, or find the player that deployed it and kill him/her.
          Yeah, lets find a player sitting in an invisible vehicle, that's a real challenge. Nobody is going to take a chance other than noob's, so it's a pointless item and is only going to make things anoying, like bots in 2k4 leaving vehicles in the middle of a path or road.

          Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          A dire prediction!!

          Since it's already been mentioned that you can control what deployables are available on the map, it's not something to worry about.

          If it becomes cheese, play on servers without the Stasis Cube.

          Fixed.
          Not fixed, how many servers do you think are going to disable it, not many, leaving online play for some VERY limited. I do worry, because it's not an idea that makes any sense to the game, more of a gimmick and hindrance then any type of strategy.

          C'mon, you can't tell me it's going to popular, maybe at first, but it will wear off very quick, when ppl strat dropping cubes on cores, flags or even enemy spawn spots and parked vehicles. I don't like the idea of spanwing in a slow cube, DO YOU!

          There should be a weapon that can destroy the cube, maybe the nuke, then it wouldn't be so bad.

          Comment


            #35
            Your opinion is noted.

            I will do my best to abuse the Stasis Field (or whatever it's called) as much as possible during teh demo.

            If it's as bad as you imagine, it'll get tweaked/fixed/changed.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by MuLuNGuS View Post
              what about vehicles that are not complete inside the statsis-field, will they get slowed down?

              or must the whole vehicle completely sorrounded by the stasis-field to be slowed down?

              can we put spidermine holes inside the stasis field?

              will the robotic arm of the nightshade slowed down if it touches the stasis-field?

              questions over questions
              ®
              well, i would assume that if such a thing were possible in our reality... any object that is only partially in a stasis field would tear itself apart if it tried to move since the field would affect anything IN the field (in this case PART of an object)... the rest that is outside wouldn't be affected.

              that being said... from a "reality" stand-point, vehicles can easily be programmed to move slowly so that it can withdrawl parts of itself from the field without ripping itself apart. "people" would have to concentrate of slowly pulling themselves away. from a game dev stand-point... it's easier just to say "if part of ANY object is in a field, the WHOLE object is affected... once the entire object is out of the field, it becomes unaffected." that means, most likely, you should slow down just touching the field.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                if such a thing were possible in our reality... any object that is only partially in a stasis field would tear itself apart if it tried to move
                That would kill anything touching the cube's sides.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Keep in mind, this is UNREAL Tournament, folks. XD Anyway, I would be rather upset if all you had to do was clip the field in a vehicle to be slowed down. I think that at least 25% of the vehicle should be inside the field before it takes effect. This would make it slightly less cheesy and encourage better deployment tactics.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                    That would kill anything touching the cube's sides.
                    that is assumption about OUR reality.

                    which is why i continued to say... it's easier (for the game) to just make the whole object slow down the moment any part of it touches the field.

                    you picking at only that portion about my message would lead people to think i MEANT something different than what i post.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                      That would kill anything touching the cube's sides.
                      Overpowered... ...we need a mutator for our reality.

                      Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                      that is assumption about OUR reality.
                      Not just quite an assumption. Wearing a huge belt with the mass of about Jupiter would save you from being killed though when partially entering the cube ( it would save you a few seconds, so you have enough time to get in).

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by The Marauder View Post
                        Keep in mind, this is UNREAL Tournament...
                        We kept that in mind for years and still are of the opinion that just because it is called Unreal it doesn't mean we don't need a coherent Universe.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                          We kept that in mind for years and still are of the opinion that just because it is called Unreal it doesn't mean we don't need a coherent Universe.
                          I was never suggesting anything of the sort, but just because entering a slow-volume in reality would rip you apart doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to do it in the game. If people held that view of everything in UT, then think of all the things in the game they would protest. This is UT, not CS. We can bounce off walls, launch tactical nukes on the run, and fire energy bursts that detonate in midair if shot again.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by The Marauder View Post
                            I was never suggesting anything of the sort, but just because entering a slow-volume in reality would rip you apart doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to do it in the game. If people held that view of everything in UT, then think of all the things in the game they would protest. This is UT, not CS. We can bounce off walls, launch tactical nukes on the run, and fire energy bursts that detonate in midair if shot again.
                            Yeah, I know. I wasn't suggesting having you should killed when entering a slowcube or want realism... ...just wanted to warn you that you should usually bring your flame-proof suit here when saying "This is UNREAL Tournament" to back up your arguments.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                              that is assumption about OUR reality.
                              Heh, have you ever seen it happen?

                              Physics aside, imagine your brain getting either twice as much or half as much blood as it needs.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                                Heh, have you ever seen it happen?

                                Physics aside, imagine your brain getting either twice as much or half as much blood as it needs.
                                i thought about that (as long as the stasis field doesn't affect the bonds in your body at the edge of the field, in other words, you remain attached)... but unless your body from the neck down is in the field, or at the very least, the path from your heart to and from your brain... then you'll live even if the rest of your body would start feeling tingly. the field wouldn't speed up or slow down the blood flow unless that path (which is branched away from the limbs) is in the field.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X