Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    You're not required to enter the Stasis Field.

If it's on a flag or whatever you can take a chance, or find the player that deployed it and kill him/her.
    Yeah, lets find a player sitting in an invisible vehicle, that's a real challenge. Nobody is going to take a chance other than noob's, so it's a pointless item and is only going to make things anoying, like bots in 2k4 leaving vehicles in the middle of a path or road.

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    A dire prediction!!

Since it's already been mentioned that you can control what deployables are available on the map, it's not something to worry about.

If it becomes cheese, play on servers without the Stasis Cube.

Fixed.
    Not fixed, how many servers do you think are going to disable it, not many, leaving online play for some VERY limited. I do worry, because it's not an idea that makes any sense to the game, more of a gimmick and hindrance then any type of strategy.

C'mon, you can't tell me it's going to popular, maybe at first, but it will wear off very quick, when ppl strat dropping cubes on cores, flags or even enemy spawn spots and parked vehicles. I don't like the idea of spanwing in a slow cube, DO YOU!

There should be a weapon that can destroy the cube, maybe the nuke, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    I wonder if the slow volume can be modded to completely stop time. Or speed it up.
    that would be fun, u could stand with ur back to it, rocket jump into it and fire urself up into the air across teh map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet the instant the weapon bounding box touches the cube it'll slow down, even the arm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what about vehicles that are not complete inside the statsis-field, will they get slowed down?

or must the whole vehicle completely sorrounded by the stasis-field to be slowed down?

can we put spidermine holes inside the stasis field?

will the robotic arm of the nightshade slowed down if it touches the stasis-field?

questions over questions
    ®

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well it sounds like it'll only be in vCTF, not regular CTF, so I am sorta glad there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i luv this idea, except for ctf

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    I wonder if the slow volume can be modded to completely stop time. Or speed it up.
    No it ca.......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I recall correctly, it works like spidermines. It disappears when the player that deployed it dies. I'll see if I can dig up a quote.

[EDIT]

Well... I found where I read it... now I need to find out where Xenocide read it... I was sure it was mentioned by someone at Epic/Midway.

[/EDIT]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe ive missed the info somewhere, anyone know.

how long does the cube last ? is it on a timer ?
    or is it everlasting until destroyed ?
    (from the above) do the enemy shots pass through the cube as friendly fire does?
    Do timers on weapon fire slow down in the cube ? (grenade launcher for instance is a timed explosion from firing im guessing) (or the self destruct vehicle launches which im guessing have a timer)

Ahh so many questions about the giant jelly cube...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    Though ultimately I do see an issue about once you're rendered defenceless , just how/ where is skill required?
    You're not required to enter the Stasis Field.

If it's on a flag or whatever you can take a chance, or find the player that deployed it and kill him/her.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
    I think we know that!

Think about it, there is no real practicle use for it... It may be charming in the beginning, but it's just going to eventually **** ppl off, we're going to see vCTF maps with stupid slow cubes over the flags all the time,,, that in it self puts me off playing vCTF, and the game hasn't been released.

It will be the downfall of Warfare and vCTF.
    It could be fun, I mean it's kinda like been stuck in a spiders web ,4 noobs in a stasis cube how practical is that. Though ultimately I do see an issue about once you're rendered defenceless , just how/ where is skill required? UT3 devs can't really win,some people are calling for everything to stay the same,others for all new ideas.

It'll be hit and miss in terms of what works and what's popular. The thing for epic to avoid is all the warfare maps having the same vehicles/weapons. In 2k4 ONS vehicles/weapons varied on different maps at release.

There should be some maps limited to the original 2k4 vehicles/weapons(oldschool) for variety and to test popularity of the new stuff, this isn't to slight the new stuff ,it is saying the old 2k4 vehicles were very well balanced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tbh if they slowed down the beam it would look like a storm trooper rifle.
    I dont think they plan on ppl fighting in it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post

A dire prediction!!

Since it's already been mentioned that you can control what deployables are available on the map, it's not something to worry about.

If it becomes cheese, play on servers without the Stasis Cube.

Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Again, not an ultra realism shooter. Sorry.
    I think we know that!

Think about it, there is no real practicle use for it... It may be charming in the beginning, but it's just going to eventually **** ppl off, we're going to see vCTF maps with stupid slow cubes over the flags all the time,,, that in it self puts me off playing vCTF, and the game hasn't been released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X