Splash damage and hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash damage and hold

I don't know how it will be in UT3 but splash hold is really starting to bother me in 2k4.

If a stray projectile gets close to you it pins you to the ground, and it's so much easier to be finished off. Seems like it encourages spam. You can almost give the frag to the opponent as the next shot is just about a given hit. No matter how good your movement skills are, you can't use them to avoid the follow up shot.

Be nice if it was at least adjustable with FF so your own teammates can't affect your ability to move properly when FF is at 0%. I've been killed so many times because my teammates are spamming over my shoulder and pin me to the ground so I can't dodge.

The ability for spam to inconvenience teammates even with FF 0% on promotes spam?

At any rate, you need a pretty good hit to actually send an enemy flying and even if you make the stupid mistake to take a direct hit from a slow flying projectile, you can still fire back from mid-air. Seeing as hitscan weapons have all the other advantages (like being impossible to dodge to begin with), I don't see a problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6
      If a stray projectile gets close to you it pins you to the ground, and it's so much easier to be finished off. Seems like it encourages spam. You can almost give the frag to the opponent as the next shot is just about a given hit.
      Possibly the most annoying thing about flagrunning in CTF.

Comment

Never noticed that effect, maybe you're talking about instagib rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
          The ability for spam to inconvenience teammates even with FF 0% on promotes spam?
          No, not a point that I was trying to make at all. Seperate paragraph, seperate point.

The point is when your teammates hit you with fire, it affects your ability to move properly, thereby making you more vulnerable
          to get hit by the opposing team.

Comment

I think its a good element to the game, you have to be aware of where your shooting and with what esp concerning flaggers in CTF.

Originally posted by ne_skaju View Post
            Never noticed that effect, maybe you'r etalking about instagib rifle?
            Nope, in CTF, one tactic would be to shoot your flag runner (in the direction hes running)at the end of a jump dodge combo with the shock rifle (even funnier if you shock combo him)this would give him a small boost at the end of the jump.

Comment

Working...
            X