UT3 Bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    When it boilsdown to it, a bots a bot. Not a lot they can do. However I wouldnt worry about the official maps - more about the user made maps pathing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i know it's too late for this...but Pathnodes are one of the main reasons of bots' weaknesses. some "path finding" would be better.

weaknesses of UT2k4 bots:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=575689
    just scroll a bit down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    #1 and #2 are things that skilled human players do all the time in ctf. if i kill you while i'm on the way to your base, now you are in front of me, or my teams other offensive players. a lot of times i will shoot and miss intentionally, just so they don't know i am giving them a pass

#3, this is the job of the mappers, or at least the one doing the pathing. properly done, ut2004 bots are good at ctf. but if you just lay down a bunch of pathnodes, they will head to the nearest, best pick-up; even run back and forth in place waiting for it to respawn.

i think the ut3 bots will be far superior to ut2kx, but a lot will depend on the proper pathing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They said they put a lot more efforts in them this time, for a good part of their community never go online, so.. I expect very good bots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
    I just DONT want to see enemy bots:

1: Running right past me as if I wasn't there.
    2: Not fire back when I fire at them (they just keep running).
    3: Using the same path over and over when taking and returning the flag.
    4: Focusing fire on human players.

As far as i can tell I'm my UT experience.. the UT1 bots are way better.. I'm hoping UT3 bots are really good
    Seems like your #1 and 4 contradict each other.

People ignore people as well, plus run past, etc.

Most of the things I see people complain about don't seem that far fetched for real people to do. Maybe not real 'good' people, but still real people.

Plus a lot of it is the pathing in some maps just flat sucks. Even when they are predictable, just pretend you don't know that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I must agree with the comments on the bots FOV, and seemingly human player focus. These two things always got to me. Also, add human reliance in ONS matches to the list of "needs fixed."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i reckon Unreal Tournament bots have always been adequate as i generally play offline and i still have fun playing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think Baz u were playng against novice bots

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The first three are all things I've seen humans do.

I do, however, agree.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just DONT want to see enemy bots:

1: Running right past me as if I wasn't there.
    2: Not fire back when I fire at them (they just keep running).
    3: Using the same path over and over when taking and returning the flag.
    4: Focusing fire on human players.

As far as i can tell I'm my UT experience.. the UT1 bots are way better.. I'm hoping UT3 bots are really good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bots don't need to be human, i don't care if they have awesome aim and know timings by heart, all i want is that a bot won't come arround the corner if he knows i'm there to shock combo him (the weakest spot in UT99 and 2k4 bots was that you could always cut the corner and combo them / rocket them dead.

They should have less human-abusable weaknesses, too bad that's extremely hard to do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    since, as epic repeatedly mentions, a good portion of their buyers are offline users, they will make a good effort on their bots. how good will that be? i think we'll just have to wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i really dont care about talking with bots...i just wish they become "intelligent and human-like". if they are anything near to UT2k4 Bots, i'd suggest leave out the bot system entirely.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm strongly believe that Epic should implement FOV and sound awareness of a bots. Like before a bot has heard your steps or weapon switch, he shouldn't know that someone is behind. Or before he has turned its head to player, he shouldn't know - is it enemy or teammate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it is one of those things that got hyped up bigtime initially, but then they realized what a ridiculously huge undertaking it would be and toned things down somewhat. Just like how Warfare was initially going to be interconnecting maps, with territory that morphs as it is captured, etc.. Do we see that now? No.. we see "Necris versions" of maps instead.

That being said, I am sure the bots will be more fun to play with, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for them understanding complex orders or questions just yet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X