UT3 Bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Bots?

just wanted to know the final "condition" of UT3 bots...

they were suppose to
    • aim like human
    • move like human
    • think like human
    • respond to human voice properly (are there sniper in that tower?...anyone?)
    • be one of the BEST bots people have ever seen...

are there still bots in (ranked?) multiplayer?

Comment

Bots don't think, they simulate.

That said, I don't think anyone in the public has played against bots yet, have they?

The Ageia PhysX Mod doesn't count... who knows if they know anything about bot-pathing!?

Comment

if i remember correctly, when hal went to that Midway event back in January there were bots in the game but nobody knew that until later on (someone from Epic said so, not sure who though). so that should give some indication as to whether or not they're good.

Comment

i mean, i have heard long ago that UT3 bots will be special. people will be able to communicate with it in a decent way. it was one of the primary goal of UT3. so, is this goal complete or abandoned? anyone?

Comment

Epic hasn't said much about it lately, although iirc, the Midway guy brought it up in passing.

Comment

I think it is one of those things that got hyped up bigtime initially, but then they realized what a ridiculously huge undertaking it would be and toned things down somewhat. Just like how Warfare was initially going to be interconnecting maps, with territory that morphs as it is captured, etc.. Do we see that now? No.. we see "Necris versions" of maps instead.

That being said, I am sure the bots will be more fun to play with, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for them understanding complex orders or questions just yet...

Comment

I'm strongly believe that Epic should implement FOV and sound awareness of a bots. Like before a bot has heard your steps or weapon switch, he shouldn't know that someone is behind. Or before he has turned its head to player, he shouldn't know - is it enemy or teammate.

Comment

i really dont care about talking with bots...i just wish they become "intelligent and human-like". if they are anything near to UT2k4 Bots, i'd suggest leave out the bot system entirely.

Comment

since, as epic repeatedly mentions, a good portion of their buyers are offline users, they will make a good effort on their bots. how good will that be? i think we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Bots don't need to be human, i don't care if they have awesome aim and know timings by heart, all i want is that a bot won't come arround the corner if he knows i'm there to shock combo him (the weakest spot in UT99 and 2k4 bots was that you could always cut the corner and combo them / rocket them dead.

They should have less human-abusable weaknesses, too bad that's extremely hard to do

Comment

I just DONT want to see enemy bots:

1: Running right past me as if I wasn't there.
                        2: Not fire back when I fire at them (they just keep running).
                        3: Using the same path over and over when taking and returning the flag.
                        4: Focusing fire on human players.

As far as i can tell I'm my UT experience.. the UT1 bots are way better.. I'm hoping UT3 bots are really good

Comment

The first three are all things I've seen humans do.

I do, however, agree.

Comment

I think Baz u were playng against novice bots

Comment

i reckon Unreal Tournament bots have always been adequate as i generally play offline and i still have fun playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X