No announcement yet.

Buying PC for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend ur money to education not on pc games.

Comment

Originally posted by semperphy View Post
      Thanks a lot wunderbar. I'll look into it The screen did get very good reviews as I've seen also, tho I'm not sure wich type it is. If the GFX card can play UT3 flawless, I really dont care if they come out with a new one in november

Btw its cool the trailer you made. If you want to see something I made for UT99, you can download it here:

http://www.own-age.com/vids/mirrors....dlmirror=21777
      Sorry, this is a little off topic, but I just saw your video man and it's AMAZING! TRULY GREAT JOB MAN!! I wish I could edit like that Loved the music, the style and the KILLS!!

Comment

You can edit like that wunderbar. It's made in Video Vegas, and its very easy to understand. just download it, and play with it a bit I didn't know anything about editing when I started, but I figured it out quite fast:] If you like editing and making vids, try it!

Comment

If god permits ima have this on november b4 the game arrives

Dual 512MB NVidia┬« GeForce™ Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
          17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD
          Intel┬« Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
          2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 1024MB

Comment

I'm going to buy a new PC for UT3.
            Can someone with knowledge please tell me if this will run UT3 flawless?

Motherboard: XFX nForce 680i SLI, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775, 2xGbLAN, DDR2, 2xPCI-Ex16
            Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED
            Powersupply: Hiper 730W Black, 80mm Fan, ATX/EPS, 4xSATA, 4xPCI-E, 24pin
            RAM: Corsair QUAD2X 6400C5DHX DDR2 4096MB CL5 ,Kit w/four matched 1GB E.P.P DHX Dimm's
            GFX: XFX GeForce 8800Ultra 612M 768MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, 2xDVI/HDTV/HDCP, 384-bit
            HD: Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM + Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
            Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Gamer, Bulk
            Screen: Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 226BW TCO99 Black, 1680x1050, 2ms, VGA/DVI, 1000:1

-Will the screen be too big, buggy or will it look weird?
            -Are there any new and better gfx cards coming in the near future, or will this 1 do the job?
            -Is the RAM and Processor top notch?
            -Is the soundcard the best I can get?E6850

thanks.

semperphy, if I may, I have a few suggestions for you.

For your CPU. How will you be using your computer? Will you be gaming mainly, or do you also use any 3D rendering/modeling tools?

A faster clocked dual core such as the E6850 will run the games better. You'll get smoother performance and higher framerates due to the video card being less bottlenecked by the CPU's 3GHz clocked speed vs the Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

A quad core will show virtually no performance benefit in current gen games and may even have worse performance/compatibility issues. Read this article for more.

What OS are you going to get? if your going to get 4 GB of RAM you should get the 64 bit version of XP or Vista, because the 32 bit version cannot use the full 4GB of RAM due to the video card using some of the system RAM's memory addresses. XP has better performance and compatibility, but with Vista's DX10 support for your video card and the fact that Vista SP1 is just around the corner, Buying a retail version of Windows Vista Ultimate and setting up a dual boot of 32bit and 64bit versions looks like a good idea.

Further more on the RAM you may just be better off getting faster clocked speed RAM such as DDR2 1066, this will speed up the systems overall memory bandwidth and will run closer to the CPU's FSB of 1066 or 1333

Oh yeah and for your PSU I would recommend PC Power & Cooling 750 watt

Comment

i dk but windows vista holds the power of the graphics card, my friend has 768mb of vid with vista and he gets only 80 frames with everything high, when i get 100 frames with everything high to and i had 128 mb..........i have windows xp now i get 30 to 40 fps cus my vid card burned ^^

This fps are in ut2004 btw

Comment

I too purchased brand new parts solely for UT3.
                Abit IP35 pro
                XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
                Q6600
                2 gig Balsitic crucial ram
                Acer 20" lcd
                Tuniq tower for the q6600 cooling
                Corsair 620hx PSU
                GPU cooling useless vantek thingie

Comment

Originally posted by FrostBiteEST View Post
                  Spend ur money to education not on pc games.
                  are u mad? videogames are much cooler.

education isn't that important, as long as you do midrange on school you'll be fine, HAVO/Realschule (i don't know the english or french words) will be fine.

while with a pc, if you spend <800 you won't be fine. investng in a pc is the future. UT3 is an educative game good for ur reflexes and aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
                    are u mad? videogames are much cooler.

education isn't that important, as long as you do midrange on school you'll be fine, HAVO/Realschule (i don't know the english or french words) will be fine.

while with a pc, if you spend <800 you won't be fine. investng in a pc is the future. UT3 is an educative game good for ur reflexes and aiming.
                    Win!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got mine winter 03/04 so it has to be a whole new system for me...

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                      I can't beleave how many ppl are going to buy a new PC just for UT3, it's not going to need a supa dupa computer to play it.
                      I know a lot of people who last got a PC for UT2004, so their new PCs simply won't cut it for UT3. I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Comment

I upgrade once a year. I just make sure it's compatable with the games I want to play.

Comment

All good ideas RyGaR, except if you want a quieter machine the "Silencer" 750 is not it. As many reviews have said - there's nothing "silent" about it. I owned one and sent it back. It's OK at low power levels but when you start drawing real power with o/c'ing and higher-end GPU's, that little 80mm fan wants to spin up and get loud.

In that power range I'd recommend the Enermax Infiniti 720. Comparitively, the Infiniti has as good or better parts/build quality as the PCP&C, as good or better electrical specs (stability at high loads, spot-on voltage output, very low ripple) and has a 135mm fan that's hella more quiet. Also the I-720 is modular so there can be less cable mess, and has CoolGuard and PowerGuard features that actually work very well. (Don't believe PCP&C's **** about modular cabling.)

The PCP&C PSU's are good, but a bit over-hyped when you look at what else is out there.

Comment

You can edit like that wunderbar. It's made in Video Vegas, and its very easy to understand. just download it, and play with it a bit I didn't know anything about editing when I started, but I figured it out quite fast:] If you like editing and making vids, try it!
                            Yea man, I use vegas, used it for that little trailer I made too. It's the special effects I don't know how to do, but I'll look into that for sure, thank you man!

Comment

Hey Deus, you're gonna like the IP35P and the Ballistix. That's what I bought about 2 months ago and both have been righteous! (Well, I got the PC2-8500 version and it screams along nicely @ 1200MHz. )

Comment

I upgrade every 2 or 3 years cus when i buy a new comp i spent over 3grand............ cus they have to be laptops so they r more expensive :|

Comment

Working...
                                X