Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

As far as the 60 fps is concerned. I just read an article from another forum which shows considerably more activity by Mark then on this one which indicates that the ps3 version will be sold at a locked 30 fps. The url for this is http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/sho...t=34759&page=3
    As far has this is concerned, I am not sure whether i should be happy or disappointed. In the conversation before Mark indicates that it will be released for the ps3 at 30 fps, he also goes in to saying that it is possible that the game could have been running at 120 fps. If it is possible why isn't it being done. Obviously 120 is a bit ecessive by why not 60 or 45 fps. If the ps3 can handle higher frame rate then i think epic should take that in to consideration. Unless, of course a higher frame rate would take more away from the game then it would give. If that is the case, i am not informed enough to know what it would take away exactly. Why are so many gaming sites reporting that the game will be shipped at 60fps if it is not true. I hate to bring this to light, but with the information that i have found on the above website and how it is being compared to GoW i am slightly disappointed. Can somebody give me a url where it is stated by Mark that it will be 60 fps or can somebody at least tell me that this is what is probably the most recent and correct information. Thanks for your time.

Will the game be shipped out on 720 or 1080, I really personally don't see the difference, but that is more then likely because of my tv. I personally don't care, but i would like to know because my tv does support 1080i and i would like to finally buy a game that can do 1080i in stead of it being upscaled, or whatever the ps3 does.

Is it just me or is this game taking too long to be released. In my little time of doing research as far as UT3 is concerned. I found out that the original speculation of release was going to be sometime late September. Clearly though, information seems to be pretty consistant indicating that the game will be released sometime in november. Interesting that it seems as though the game might be released earlier by the way the developers are being so hush hush about it and indicating that they will release it when it is done.

Does anybody else also think that this game is destined for another delay. The reason why i say this is because, firstly we haven't even gotten a demo out for the pc. I was under the impression that the demo would take more time out of development and was meant for testing purposes. If it is truly meant for testing purposes they only have about two months left. In the next two months they are expecting to release a demo, get general info to make further advancements to the product and implement them before release. I assume that the process of testing the product by a large majority will take some where near a full month. Secondly i would assume that the developers would need well over a month to add any final touches to the game if something goes seriously wrong. If nothing goes seriously wrong then the date should be accurate, but how many demos are 100% correct and ready to go. Secondly i believe that there will be another delay based on the fact that in this forum, under officail messages it hasn't given us an official release date even though on countless videos and interviews it indicates sometime in november.

On another note, what else do they have to do on the game. You would think at this point that the only thing that they would be doing at this time is doing some minor detail refreshing and modifications and planning the production times and dates. We can't expect that this late in development that they are still trying to build new maps and get new details and new weapons/cars. All of these things have been developed and tested a million times, why haven't we seen more. I apologize if you get the feeling that this is some needless and sensless rant, i feel like i have valid concerns and want to get some real answers. I am tired of being tossed aside by what is supposed to be an offical form and going to another one and finding more activity by other members of the Unreal world.

This is also a poll to see how many of us active forum members will be playing the game for the ps3 and the pc and who wants cross platform play and who doesn't. I add this poll to see them both together and mayber see a percentage between how many pc players want cross platform vs. ps3 players who want it.

Thanks for all who read this extremely long novel!

I've said it all already. You can see what I voted.

Comment

I wish there was an "I don't mind" option.

Comment

Well I can't see dragging a PS3 to a LAN party. So the PC version with cross platform.

Comment

Originally posted by -Sephiroth- View Post
          I wish there was an "I don't mind" option.
          Yup, i agree with you. The cross platform thing doesn't bother me.

Ut2k4 demo came out a month or so before the game was released (can't confrim), so you can expect a demo around mid september - mid October for the PC only. Mark indirectly hinted you could either want a PS3 demo this year or the game for the PS3 this year. Mark's a funny person .

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
            Mark indirectly hinted you could either want a PS3 demo this year or the game for the PS3 this year. Mark's a funny person .
            I pick the PC demo this year and the PS3 game next year.

Comment

Your poll is screwed up. 2nd last option should be "pc" not "pc ps3".

Comment

ummm.... should hav read thread 1st. it would RULE to hav crossplatform, but PC IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO cause:
                A) PC has WAYYYY more RAM 4 mods.
                B) PC can get better handling of graphics, and if you hav noticed, all games look even better than even the developers thought when u get an awsome nu graphics card 6 months later and
                C) u can mod with a pc

well, not bagin PS3 or any1 that uses it, but PC's are better in the long run people.

Comment

If PC was the "ONLY WAY TO GO" then Epic wouldn't have released it on PS3 with cross-platform compatibility.

Comment

I don't mind too.

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                    If PC was the "ONLY WAY TO GO" then Epic wouldn't have released it on PS3 with cross-platform compatibility.
                    See the movie
                    See the movie, read the book.
                    See the movie, read the book, buy the soundtrack.
                    See the movie, read the book, buy the soundtrack, play the game.

In UT case:

Play it on PC.
                    Play it on PC, burn the maps songs.
                    Play it on a console, after that buy a PC, play it better, burn the maps songs and be happy
                    In future we'll have the "See the movie" option.

Comment

Just noticed I voted for the wrong one because the poll is screwly stated...

I meant to vote for:

"I will be playing the PC and would like cross platform capabilities." <--- +1

Comment

Get the sig right, it's not "Two more weeks", it's simply "Two weeks". :P

Comment

MatrixJCE, you need fix the following line (the third option) in your poll:

I will be playing the pc ps3 and would like cross platform capabilites.

to

I will be playing the pc and would like cross platform capabilites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                            Get the sig right, it's not "Two more weeks", it's simply "Two weeks". :P
                            Technically that was after the original "Two Weeks" Mark mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                            X