Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular footed hoverboard (left foot forward)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll figure out all the names Epic gave to stuff once we play on WAR-Tricky

Comment

Originally posted by doped View Post
      ehh?? it's called riding "switch".. nok fakie.. fakie is when you ride switch, and stand like a nollie.. then it's fake nollie.. fakie.

been skating ALOT once.. not anymore.. **** nation!!!
      You land switch from a 180? myself I always land in fakie which is yes switch nollie. It could be slightly different though but I land feet pointing towards the front of the board where switch nollie might be toes pointing in your travelling direction as you do with regular nollie

because like toes on the front and near the back trucks but riding backwards is how I usually land a 180, not toes on fback of the board and near the front trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
        This feature is as important as left vs center vs right handed guns. Since the latter has been featured since UT1, I reckon this should be implemented.

Complexity? Minimal, considering the animations are practically mirrored.
        exactly. i couldnt figure out what i thought was wrong with the hb. this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
          This feature is as important as left vs center vs right handed guns. Since the latter has been featured since UT1, I reckon this should be implemented.

Complexity? Minimal, considering the animations are practically mirrored.
          I completely agree. For something that is purely cosmetic, left vs. right handedness in FPS is a HUGE issue with a lot of people. Personally I get really thrown off if I have to shoot "right-handed", and I can see using the hoverboard being exactly the same way. I would go so far as to say that it would affect my performance because it feels so weird watching "my" character doing something right-handed when I am left-handed myself.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning this. This is one of those things I wouldn't notice until a week or two of playing, and the whole time I would be wondering why the hoverboard felt so weird

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
            You land switch from a 180? myself I always land in fakie which is yes switch nollie. It could be slightly different though but I land feet pointing towards the front of the board where switch nollie might be toes pointing in your travelling direction as you do with regular nollie

because like toes on the front and near the back trucks but riding backwards is how I usually land a 180, not toes on fback of the board and near the front trucks.
            go figure.. eh?, man.. just get my point of correction..

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
              Chicken: When being knocked off the hoverboard, physics would move you to a different position if you were facing away from the shot, than if you were facing towards it.
              How so, if you get shot in the chest or in the back your still going to rag doll in the same direction.

Comment

It's physics simulation, and bones move differently if you are hit from behind. Your legs would probably give out or bend as you fall, and you would then go into some kind of roll depending on your velocity and the angle at which you are hit. When you're hit from the front, you would be more rigid and land either on your back or your ***, which would take most of the energy of the impact. Thus you would move less. So you would end up in different positions because of the simple fact that there is physics simulation involved, not some hard coded numbers and animations.

Comment

Hmmm... sorry to those of you I seemed to have upset by asking if this option was in the game and/or suggesting it be included. It was just a question.

It is good to see that some people feel the same about riding wrong-footed as they do about playing wrong-handed though.

X-Cannon: RB?

Comment

Just set the default to left foot forward and if someone wants to switch, they can do a 180. Perhaps the game can remember which stance you were in last, so if you changed to right foot forward you wouldn't have to keep on doing 180s when you get on your board.

Comment

Thread N-N-N-N-Necromancy.

I know it's silly of me but since I am right handed and skate left foot forward this hoverboard issue still really bothers me.

Just think if you always had the weapons on either left or right side of screen, then it was changed one day, wouldn't your aiming be a little confused?

Or if you play with mouse vertical axis normal, and then someone switched it to "Inverted", wouldn't you get confused.

Sure, neither version of any of these examples is better than the other, but the whole "handedness" thing affects a lot of spatial reasoning and hand-eye-coordination abilities.

Comment

Interesting question. Next time I talk to LoQtUS, I'll try to remember to ask him.

Comment

Working...
                        X