UT3 on PC whit no AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 on PC whit no AA?

In every games that use the unreal engine i just cant use anti-aliasing! Bioshock, Splinter cell. I cant even force it whit my GPU control panel.

Does anyone know if UT3 is going to be an exception? Cuz i hate playing whit jaggies it make the game look horrible

I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm talking about, but I think people here say AA is available with DirectX 10.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorgamerQc View Post
      In every games that use the unreal engine i just cant use anti-aliasing! Bioshock, Splinter cell. I cant even force it whit my GPU control panel.

Does anyone know if UT3 is going to be an exception? Cuz i hate playing whit jaggies it make the game look horrible
      What graphics card you have. Remember if you have an Nvidia Sm3.0 card (6800, 7800) they can't do 32bit HDR + AA together.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
        What graphics card you have. Remember if you have an Nvidia Sm3.0 card (6800, 7800) they can't do 32bit HDR + AA together.

Well i have a 8800GTX but i still cannot have AA in Splinter cell or Bioshock. I dont understand why and i know a lot of ppl have the same problem.

Is it windows vista 64bit?

Comment

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...10&postcount=1

Basically... you can antialias in an engine which supports it if run with a DX10 card in DX10 mode.

Bioshock cannot antialias at all (people who claim it can, check my link and read it well... it explains what happens in Bioshock.)

Splinter Cell -- not sure which version you're referring to... but if HDR is on, it will not be able to antialias since DX10 compatibility was not written in UnrealEngine2(/.5)

UT3 will have the enhancements to allowed antialiasing in DX10 mode, however.

Comment

Ok thx a lot for the explanation. So UT3 will have AA cuz it use unreal engine 3.0. I havent been able to use AA in Medal of honor:airborne too. Might be due to the fact that it use a heavily modified version of the unreal engine. I hope the new area 51 will allow AA.

Comment

Ok thx a lot for the explanation. So UT3 will have AA cuz it use unreal engine 3.0. I havent been able to use AA in Medal of honor:airborne too. Might be due to the fact that it use a heavily modified version of the unreal engine. I hope the new area 51 will allow AA too.
              Bioshock is also UnrealEngine3.

They're just very different builds of UnrealEngine3.

Comment

UE3 owns already, it prolly has some sort of AA in it already, cuz i dont see any pixelated edges in any game that uses the UE3.

Comment

Roboblitz, Bioshock, MoH Airborne don't have Antialiasing.

Games built with a later UnrealEngine3 build WILL have Antialiasing though... in DX10 mode.

Comment

Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                    UE3 owns already, it prolly has some sort of AA in it already, cuz i dont see any pixelated edges in any game that uses the UE3.
                    You haven't seen Rainbow Six: Vegas then.

Comment

Need DX10 with a DX10 card to enable AA with 64 bit HDR. Splintercell double agent uses a heavily modified version of UE2.5 and it only uses up to around 32 bit HDR. In other words, AA+HDR on Double agent works, I've tried it.

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                      Bioshock cannot antialias at all (people who claim it can, check my link and read it well... it explains what happens in Bioshock.)
                      Yea AA technically doesnt work in Bioshock, I've got it to work by simply changing the Bioshock.exe name to Oblivion.exe while also turning on AA in my control center, it works perfectly but it removes many other things such as fog, lightray meshes, lots of lighting in some places, and much more.
                      Having AA on in Bioshock with dx9 is just no fun(clearly its not meant to happen obviously).

Comment

Well i have a 8800GTX but i still cannot have AA in Splinter cell or Bioshock. I dont understand why and i know a lot of ppl have the same problem.

Is it windows vista 64bit?
                        The reason is because the specifications of DX10 allow custom anti-aliasing shaders, but DX9 doesn't. Microsoft just wants you to buy Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                          Yea AA technically doesnt work in Bioshock, I've got it to work by simply changing the Bioshock.exe name to Oblivion.exe while also turning on AA in my control center, it works perfectly but it removes many other things such as fog, lightray meshes, lots of lighting in some places, and much more.
                          Having AA on in Bioshock with dx9 is just no fun(clearly its not meant to happen obviously).
                          Yea that "fix" flew around the internet for a while now... but unfortunately it doesn't work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bioshockaa.jpg

Some parts of it are antialiased -- but not everything are. You'll find that out if you look at something which blooms.

Albeit given Bioshock has very little bloom -- for the most part it works. But then, you're not really HDR+AA are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X