Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So are the Skaarj going to show up as an expansion with their own vehicles?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    So are the Skaarj going to show up as an expansion with their own vehicles?

    Because that would be the greatest thing EVAR.

    (though I've already sworn allegiance to the Necris because the Vipers remind me of Kaneda's motorcycle...)

    #2
    That's a pretty big project, particularly in terms of game balance. I wouldn't get too optimistic.

    EPIC doesn't usually sell expansions. They give them away.

    Comment


      #3
      I know, and I think they plan to really make the best free expansion ever and my head will explode.

      I'm going mental. I want to be cryogenically frozen until this game comes out.

      Comment


        #4
        There were 2 Skaarj vehicles in 2k4.

        The space fighter and a turret.

        Comment


          #5
          Long time ago I made a thread asking about Skaarj vehicles back when UT3 was called UT2007. Anyway I've been unable to find the thread but one of the Epic employee's responded that they'd probably add in Skaarj vehicles and even Corrupt vehicles much later after the game has been out for awhile.

          While I wasn't able to find that thread I did find this very old interview.


          PCG: In UT2K7, which races get vehicles?

          JM: Down the road, we have all these great races…well, the mind boggles. What would a Skaarj vehicle look like, or a Corrupt vehicle? There’s a lot of excitement about brainstorming that kind of stuff. We think tripling the number of vehicles compared to the original UT is a pretty solid step forward.

          http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2006..._-_unreal.html

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Kronos View Post
            Long time ago I made a thread asking about Skaarj vehicles back when UT3 was called UT2007. Anyway I've been unable to find the thread but one of the Epic employee's responded that they'd probably add in Skaarj vehicles and even Corrupt vehicles much later after the game has been out for awhile.
            Sounds very promising, but I hope they don't wait over a year and a half to release it, like they did with ECE....

            Give us the Gen Mokai

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by kuze View Post
              I know, and I think they plan to really make the best free expansion ever and my head will explode.

              I'm going mental. I want to be cryogenically frozen until this game comes out.

              You just have to make sure your friend "Butters" doesn't rat you out before you need to be thawed....

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
                You just have to make sure your friend "Butters" doesn't rat you out before you need to be thawed....
                "Wakes him up when UT4 is out, hahaha."

                Comment


                  #9
                  no, they aren't.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by [DR]Marine View Post
                    no, they aren't.
                    Malcolm's gone to!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Obviously, he's gone. He's ONLY the statue they put up for their game, so I'm sure he's not in the game.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I wouldn't count on it, but they might show up for UT4, (assuming UT3 does well enough to justify another sequel.) I think that'd be a bit much to expect from a bonus pack.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                          I wouldn't count on it, but they might show up for UT4, (assuming UT3 does well enough to justify another sequel.) I think that'd be a bit much to expect from a bonus pack.
                          Who says it'll be a bonus pack.
                          Many months ago Epic was saying that they've technically released free expansions for each game which contain quite alot of content.

                          Unreal & Unreal Return to Nalpali
                          UT & UT GOTY
                          Unreal 2 & Unreal 2 XMP
                          UT2003 & UT2004
                          UT3 & UT3 (to be announced!)

                          I don't see Skaarj/Corrupt vehicles in a bonus pack of UT3 but I do see them coming in some what of an expansion of UT3.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Since UT3 is coming with a sp Storyline game along with the arena modes, I think it's a possibility. Dunno though if it would include Skaarjs. Anyway it's too soon to speculate on that yet, we have to see how the story unfolds to see if there can be a good background on it for the skaarjs, corrupts or whoever you want to be on it.

                            This is just an idea but, it would be rather cool for an expansion to focus on the story behind AS-Mothership. I'm talking about single-player here, but it's kinda obvious that it would extend to multiplayers in elements like more vehicles, players and maps.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Skaarj vehicles FTW!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X