Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
    Yeeeesssss!!! My beloved spiders!

Finally someone confirms the spider launcher is in!
    Goal! Touchdown! Home run!
    In this same preview they said there was reloading, so he might have messed up there, too.

Comment

I agree, it's probly weapon animation, like the little thing that happens when u first pick up a weapon. Reloading is way too big a change for ut, it wouldn't be welcomed. at least not by me.

thx for the info, btw

Comment

"We're dubious that you'll see any PC/PS3 cross-over (we expect that to be a focal point of the inevitable 360 version, whenever they're ready to talk about that again), but PS3 owners itching to play like PC gamers can also sync up Bluetooth keyboards and mice to get just the right frag factor."

WTH? why would they put it in the 360 version and not the ps3 one? we dont want cross platform to play 'like pc gamers'! we want it to play against our friends who use different systems to play it! we already know that we can use m/k on ps3 servers. Maybe they should just put cross platform on lan games. I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
          Besides... isn't that a bit short?
          And if I, as admin, change the spawn protection time... ...will the animations be slower?

Comment

I bet its like loading the weapon after picking more ammo(after you run out) and more likely he meant animations. Like how you have to finish the animation of recoil and what not before switching weapons...

Comment

I don't think it means any kind of animation. Otherwise, why would he mention it in a sentence where he's talking about button configuration?

I agree that he most likely meant weapon switching.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
                The closest things to reloads in the game are the "spawn with the enforcer" animation which matches up with your spawn protection, and the bolt action sniper rifle animation, which coincides with the refire rate of course.
                Thanks for the feedback Will.It's good to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                  IMO the "spawn with the enforcer" animation is a bit cheesy.
                  It's done so you don't accidentally shoot the moment you spawn and negate your spawn protection. If you start shooting, your spawn protection is immediately removed. People mashing the fire button often found themselves with no protection.

If I recall correctly, this is how/why it works.

Comment

It's done so you don't accidentally shoot the moment you spawn and negate your spawn protection. If you start shooting, your spawn protection is immediately removed. People mashing the fire button often found themselves with no protection.

If I recall correctly, this is how/why it works.
                    So any "fire" keystrokes are ignored until the animation has completed?

Comment

It's done so you don't accidentally shoot the moment you spawn and negate your spawn protection.
                      That I don't mind, but the animation is a bit big, i'd would have preferred something a little more subtle thou.

Guess people need to know the difference between reloading animation and weapon reloading.....

Comment

Hehe reloading in UT would be so wrong it would hurt. ^^ The move with the fire-lock at spawn is a good move now when the shield gun is gone, and the animation is fine(read your own sig ProjectUT).

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                          So any "fire" keystrokes are ignored until the animation has completed?
                          Yes. *gasp*

Comment

Please tell me spawn protection can still be completely disabled. I understand its use in some gametypes, but it has no place in DM (or in any mode in competition)

Comment

Working...
                            X