No announcement yet.

KeyBoard and Mouse, Advantages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a joystick you need to PUSH your crosshair into the right position. Controllers have more of a "guiding" feeling to them, you're tilting the immobile joystick in the direction you wish to lead your crosshair over to.

With a mouse you have the satisfaction of the crosshair literally being your hand. Where your hand moves, it does too. You don't 'push' the crosshair into position with a mouse. The mouse can actually move left right up down and all over its surface.

Comment

i actually play better 2k4 instagib with a free look controller better than a mouse, but maybe it's just because i'm not used to a mouse... i use a 360 controller on ut2k4. IMO i think the hitscan wepons are the only ones i have trouble with playing against m/kb players, im rlly good with rockets, flaks, and long ranged sniping, but thats it.

Comment

another advantage of mouse/keybrd is that u can choose from a huge number of brands of mice/keybrd. u buy a console, u'll have to adjust to the minimum variety of controllers available.

a few keybrd/mice can be configured to a greater extent.

the only advantage of a controller is that u can prolly sit on a nice comfy couch and play. a keybrd/mouse will need a table.

Comment

I've played 2k4 on my cousin's PS2 and it sucks hairy goat balls.

UT + consoles = NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
            i actually play better 2k4 instagib with a free look controller better than a mouse, but maybe it's just because i'm not used to a mouse... i use a 360 controller on ut2k4. IMO i think the hitscan wepons are the only ones i have trouble with playing against m/kb players, im rlly good with rockets, flaks, and long ranged sniping, but thats it.
            >I'm guessing your playing against bots or pretty horrible people then :{

Comment

I find the pad better for certainly things like dodging and fast movements, but the mouse just is too precise that it makes you forget to think even a little about using pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Defeat View Post
                >I'm guessing your playing against bots or pretty horrible people then :{
                no, i play ictf online with people, and most of them aren't the best but some are rlly good. i play alot of insane bots tho... since my computer isnt the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
                  no, i play ictf online with people, and most of them aren't the best but some are rlly good. i play alot of insane bots tho... since my computer isnt the greatest
                  there's no such things as 'insane' difficulty for bots

are you sure you wren't playing Unreal Championshi*?

Comment

ugh inhuman insane w/e loss of words here

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                      I've played 2k4 on my cousin's PS2 and it sucks hairy goat balls.

UT + consoles = NOT.
                      OMG... i never knew ut2k4 was released on the ps2 . UT 99 u mean

the idea of playing an fps as fast as UT on the console's controller is a bad idea. Step aside consoles, PC rules for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
                        OMG... i never knew ut2k4 was released on the ps2 . UT 99 u mean

the idea of playing an fps as fast as UT on the console's controller is a bad idea. Step aside consoles, PC rules for UT3.
                        Well he's got a PS2 and an Xbox, so maybe it was the Xbox. (?) Whatever it was, playing UT was the suXX0rz so I just threw the paddle. I mean, I gave it about a half hour to get the feel and made button changes and adjustments but trying to look, fire, and jump/run/dodge that way just blew chunks compared to PC. FarCry & Splinter Cell were manageable tho' not great, but still I hated the lame paddle response and sh!tty graphics.

I sold my N64 & Sega Saturn long ago and they were fun for certain games in their day. But from what I've seen of his games lately I'd never buy another console. The UT's need to be played just KB & mouse IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X