UT3 Pre-Orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Pre-Orders...

I've been searching around, but I don't know if I want to wait to much longer. Amazon seems to have 2 windows versions of UT3 available for pre-order in which they state the game is being released on November the 12th, 2007... One for just UT3 and then a UT3 Collector's Edition. I wish it clearly stated what the difference was, but obviously since the game isn't out yet I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps some folks could shed some light on the "Pre-Order" dilemma for us few that want to reserve now, but are still weary about the lack of information. (crosses fingers that some folks will add in some extra added info)

Also, have any of you found better "Pre-Order" prices elsewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think i heard something about receiving a free poster for your preorder, but that might hav just been for some stores, or maybe i just completely misunderstood.

Comment

A poster would be NOICE. *drool* *slurp*

Anyone have a link and I'll post an order this week??

Comment

Well I've linked you guys in the first post "AMAZON" - I don't know if they're giving away posters... but I was hoping that someone might be able to through in a few details between the different versions of UT3. (me hopes)

Comment

I don't pre-order anything. but I think the difference is the collectors edition has more maps in it than the original game would or possibly more skins too. I haven't searched on the difference yet but it's just a thought.

Comment

Well I would assume that those that don't have those maps could easily download them via the web or via the server in a cached directory. I was just curious as to what do they plan to include in the Collectors Ed. as opposed to the regular retail version.

I mean come on, we're talking a whole $10.00 more here folks. LOL

Comment

Thx for the links Dexter but Epic hasn't given them any info about either version, so I see no reason to pre-order right now. We don't even know what "Collector's Version" means, let alone if there's any schwag.

Hey Epic...you want $59.99 FOR EXACTLY WHAT???

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
                I was just curious as to what do they plan to include in the Collectors Ed. as opposed to the regular retail version.

I mean come on, we're talking a whole $10.00 more here folks. LOL
                I look at it as a percentage of the price, not merely an extra 10 bux.

So, what do we get for a 20% price increase?

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                  Thx for the links Dexter but Epic hasn't given them any info about either version, so I see no reason to pre-order right now. We don't even know what "Collector's Version" means, let alone if there's any schwag.

Hey Epic...you want $59.99 FOR EXACTLY WHAT???
                  http://www.gogamer.com/Unreal-Tourna...VVviewprod.htm

Unreal Tournament III Collector's Edition Contains:

· Collectible Mini Art Book

· Behind The Scenes DVD
                  Making of the game featuring interviews with the team including Viral video content.

· Limited Edition Collector’s Packaging
                  Collector's tin with embossing and special printing.

Comment

Originally posted by rAt.8^].bAg View Post
                    ...you want $59.99 FOR EXACTLY WHAT???
                    If the game is good (and i hope so) I'm ready to pay 60$ for it.

Comment

I pre-ordered the regular version from Amazon, b/c there doesn't seem to be any clear difference (although I am sure there is). My latest email from Amazon said delivery was Nov 11th.

Comment

Good find Commiecat! Thanks!

Maybe if they through in some fake rocks and blood soaked astro turf from the new Torlan map I'd be down for the Collector's Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
                          Good find Commiecat! Thanks!
                          No prob.

I'd probably pass on the Collector's Edition as well and I seldom pre-order anything. I've never walked into a store around here (Gainesville, FL) on lauch date and had a problem buying a PC game. When 2k3 and 2k4 came out, I went up to the game stores about 15 minutes before opening and I was the only one there both times.

Comment

D00d, I preordered UT3 (UT2007) at EB Games back in October of 2006. It was delayed several times since then. I still have my preorder at EB. LOL.

Comment

Thx for the 411, commiecat. Welp, that's still no poster and I'm ******!

Originally posted by Der_Korken View Post
                              If the game is good (and i hope so) I'm ready to pay 60$ for it.
                              Not when I can get the game only for $50. I ain't payin no stinkin $60. w/o schwag. Hey, 10 bux is 10 bux! That's at least a decent 6-pack!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X