Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the new Unreal Tournament Colouring Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'd just be happy to get a decent video, not from a cam but original fullscreen in-game footage, real 720p, with correct brightness/saturation balance and no encoding artifacts.
    I bet it would be also Epic's interest to give such a video to the masses.
    Amazingly, poor quality footage is abundant, but... Even the official trailer was way too dark, not real HD and with artifacts.

When I'll see how actually the game feels, then I'll judge the appearance, including coloring style.

I suggest you to refrain from commenting a pink part of an apparently really off-color vidcap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by scribly View Post
    Let's just hope that not all maps are dark
    I'd love to have maps like dawn without all the grey

I know people say that bright colors are 'cartoony' but look outside when the sun shines. All bright colors, but does real life look cartoony then ?
    We are not talking about bright colors, but of basic and scandalous ones (cartoony)... switch your monitor's color deph to 16 bit and you'll see how ugly and basic it feels.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Let's just hope that not all maps are dark
    I'd love to have maps like dawn without all the grey

I know people say that bright colors are 'cartoony' but look outside when the sun shines. All bright colors, but does real life look cartoony then ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal wasn't very colorful to begin with and even UT had its own theme. UT200x was too colorful, what is the main reason, why I never really liked both games. A game needs it's own theme, that goes through the entire game, to built up an authentic atmosphere and a good style. For example Unreal Championship 2 had this ancient Nakhti vs. Liandri/Axon technology theme, which was very well designed, like Unreal had this middle age vs. Skaarj/Human technology/industrial theme, which was also an excellent contrast.

The problem is, if its getting too colorful like in UT2004, it won't look good. I don't want a comic game again, so I'm really looking foward to UT3's dark Necris theme.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
    When I have the demo and adjust the gamma, brightness and details I'll tell you.
    same for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GOSH, there's nothing wrong with the look!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i reckon with each map choosing in the options menu changing from a necris infected map to a normal map would be cool
    i like the change in this, the darker look ismore serious not cartoony like it was in UT200x

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very bad looking, IMO. A style I hate so much.

More colorful doesn't mean cartoony. UT2004 looked ugly, and UT3 is technically much better, but still look bad.

Where are we going? Unreal 1 and UT didn't looked cartoony at all, yet they had lot of colors. And UT also still had a nice, dark atmosphere to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i like the darker color scheme and the general feel of more grit n grime. I really did not like UT2004's colorfull cartoony look and feel. I simply got used to it. There is a difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    I'm man enough to be seen in pink.
    .......LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's slightly discolored, but tbh it doesn't bother me much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That should be red the same as the team colour by the looks, just a poorly taken image. Coulda used some shop tbh

No problems with the colour scheme's (I say plural because each map is different) myself. Not too much like gears how ever there is that main character on the cover which looks like that one dude in gears.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm man enough to be seen in pink.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    Lol? Where is a pink hud?

The HUD is black, and depending on the team you're on, blue or red.
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/.../Leipzig_6.JPG Top right; red. Bottom weapon indicators: pink.
    Let's hope it's a screen/cam discolouration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol? Where is a pink hud?

The HUD is black, and depending on the team you're on, blue or red.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X